Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys :)

I'm thinking about getting some Recaro seats for my prelude, but not sure how would they fit in my car. :oops:

The seats I'm looking at are recaros from an Accord TypeR (I believe they are the same from some Evos)

For those of you have already got Recaros, how did you fit them!?
Any pictures of them fitted would be great aswell.

Thanks for any help.

Nitin

·
Registered
27 Posts
I mounted my Buddy Club to Recaro Profi side plates and had a buddy weld me a mounting bracket to bolt it in. I think you can order a mounting bracket from wedge engineering.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm trying to find european honda Accord euroR CL1 Recaro seats, but they cost over $1500 - too expensive for daily driven prelude i think. But they look amazing:

and they are electric seats!

and i don;t know if the rear seats will fit prelude:

i think rear is too way huge for prelude.. But front should be great.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have found the exact Accord Type R seat (just like in the picture above) for about $400 so im just thinking I may need to mod the rails.

The rear won't fit as the seats are too wide to fit in a narrow space of a Prelude.

·
Prelude Pedo
3,596 Posts
Those electric Accord seats are awesome.

I have an old school Recaro. There is just enough room between the door panel and center console to fit the bottom, the back has plenty of room. It is difficult to adjust the back/recline (knob at the bottom of the back on either side) it's a little tight to get your hand in there.

What pics I have.

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you could get the pair for $400 - lets do it, it is a pretty sweet deal. Even if you gonna mod the rails it is worth it! I just don;t know how these seats will work for rear passengers (i know this is not a real problem, but whatever sometimes i got passengers on back seat).
And if you will get it - make some pictures of installation and how the gonna look in prelude.
I think this a lot better then buying s2000 seats.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At the moment I'm not bothered about getting people in the back they can walk home. Lol

But I though that the seats are really long and when you recline them they will hit the roof and won't be reclined all the way like the oem seats. (just my thought not sure if it's true or not)

Thanks for that link JD, the seats look so nice and can't wait to get my set now. I would love some Red sets but the prices are crazy for them so just sticking to the Greenish ones from Accord R.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I want those same seats so bad. It shouldn't be to hard to find a fabric place to get the rears seats rewrapped to match the euro R front seats,but shipping for those seats here would kill me.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I didnt realize how expensiv it is to own one... I bought the Tommy Kaira Recaros red and forgot all about the brackets and sliders.. I ordered the brackets from wedge engineering and the recaro sliders from showstoppers usa. The wedge engineering brackets are backordered and will take 2 weeks to produce! All in all the brackets and sliders came up to $380...

·
Administrator
6,954 Posts
Ah wish i knew of those Accord seats sooner.... Just got some Corbeau A4's after seeing Nordicmist (Jessie's) installed. Odd how they were bottom mounted rather side like all the Recaro's are.

·
Prelude Pedo
3,596 Posts
I didnt realize how expensiv it is to own one... I bought the Tommy Kaira Recaros red and forgot all about the brackets and sliders.. I ordered the brackets from wedge engineering and the recaro sliders from showstoppers usa. The wedge engineering brackets are backordered and will take 2 weeks to produce! All in all the brackets and sliders came up to $380...
Thats standard. They don't keep anything in stock. All made to order.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts