Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i wanted to know if the rear quarter panels from a 1990 accord coupe can be used to repair the quarter panel rust on a 1990 prelude. I parked beside one today and the quarters look very similar apart from the rear tail light cutout and the side molding.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
for this to work and look right you would have to replace both quarters and rear half that includes the trunk lid. too much work to just replace one quarter panel.
If it's just the classic rear wheel rust, I don't see why he couldn't. Granted it might not sit just perfect, and might require some shaping but me thinks it could be done.

Now the whole panel? This I doubt

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
You are better off using the older Accord rear panels, Jon(88SE_Lude) used them to fix his quarter panels, but they still needed to be modified.
I told him this in the noobie thread but because I don't have first hand account that JON looked at the 4th gen accord 1/4 panels I just let it go. I do know and that was what I posted that JON used 3rd gen accord 87-89 1/4 wheel lip patch panels only available in the uk. They weren't the same arc. they were flatter.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
and yes i can see just doing patch work with a quarter from a accord but i just dont think it would look right
Yep, they look absolutely awful...

Have more pics somewhere.. will find them sometime...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
yeah those wheel wells do look like crap. ill bet there is a full inch gap between the wheel well and the rear bumper when its installed. i think the only way to get them to look like the quaters were ment to be there would to do a full rear end swap. and even then it still would look funny

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
yeah those wheel wells do look like crap. ill bet there is a full inch gap between the wheel well and the rear bumper when its installed. i think the only way to get them to look like the quaters were ment to be there would to do a full rear end swap. and even then it still would look funny
lol
Do you have the faintest idea wtf you're talking about?
I'm guessing not by the crap you're talking right here.

Why do people make such rash assumptions and then make comments like that when they don't have a clue?

Just FYI they fit perfectly with no more gap than the original (actually slightly less as it happens), and the bumper lines up perfectly.

If you want to make critiscisms then at least make them constructive or informed.
:roll:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.