Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe it's my rear motor mount, cause every time i downshift from 3rd to 2nd, it clunks. Probably loose or just a mount gone bad from me driving it like a honda lol.

Anyways, I did check it with the motor off, and it in 3rd gear. I got under the hood, rocked the car back and fourth, and it clunked everytime the car rocked backwards. It's not a hard mount to change. You guys think it could be that or something else?

The motor itself doesn't rock when I grab ahold of it and shake it. It stays in place perfectly, so idk.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Probably is a motor mount. Can you feel the engine tourque up and it feels like it's hitting something...or does that car shake at all?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably is a motor mount. Can you feel the engine tourque up and it feels like it's hitting something...or does that car shake at all?
All it does is when I down shift, and the rpms rise, and start to level off and drop, it'll clunk.
Like, as soon as the clutch is all the way out, it'll clunk once. So, idk. I'll probably have to wait til it gets worse to be able to identify it.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
check to make sure the drivers side mount is tight, sometimes the nuts can come loose and the motor hangs low, and/or the front motor mount is broken. either or both of which can cause the a/c compressor to hit the front subframe when downshifting.

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
while you have it out you might as well fill it with some poly!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
poly filled mounts make the car shake like crazy tho lol i dont have poly mounts and my dash makes all kinds of noises from being so old haha.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
check to make sure the drivers side mount is tight, sometimes the nuts can come loose and the motor hangs low, and/or the front motor mount is broken. either or both of which can cause the a/c compressor to hit the front subframe when downshifting.
Awesome, dude, that makes sense. I'll check all the mounts. I doubt its the tranny mount on passanger side, but i'll check it as well. I'll reply back to this tonight with a anwser. Thanks! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts