Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oulling into the drive way last night I went up the curb a litle hard and heard a huge blast from the rear and the car sat funny. Went to take a look and the rear left base of the stut broke from fork and the bottom of the strut. I have had the new struts and the Super Pro bushings to put in and have been waiting for beter timing to do it. Well that timing was last night.

I have the new bushings int he the struts loaded and thought that getting the bolts to replace that I had to cut the crap out of to get the drill to take out the bushing would be easy......WRONG

I had gone to 4 places and eithor answer was we can order them or can't get them. I went to a yard today to get them and it rained the entire time their. I pulled out the strut to teh lower control arm out of a 4th get which fit fine but couldn't get to the rear inners..

Any one know of a way to get taht bolt besides a yard and ordering them. I tried 2 hardware stores and they all had us bolts which a 9/16 fit the back fine but they didn't have the end nut to go with it. Any advice???

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im good not. I went to a bussiness industrial supplier and the had the nuts. I have to get a bag of 25...Ohh well it's in and it works now....

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought of that but I didn't have time to wait on them. Even if someone had gotten them free of the bushings.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
if you cant buy them local.....or must order them.

how is this different from waiting for them ?

:lol:

they have next day ya know.... and even saturday delivery.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It' s all been take care of now. It's all back in. Usually someone has found bolts from another car that can be workable to a sort. Guess not a 9/16 can replace the inner bushing bolt for the rear lower arm. A little tighter fit that the 17 x 14x77

1 - 7 of 7 Posts