Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my canadian dx came with rear drum....it sucks.....i was hoping honda had made the hub to fit either drum or disk. but as far as i can tell they are not. so this means to swap over to disk i need to change the whole hub assembly. has anyone done this? and how huge of a PIA is it gonna be to do. it would probly be simpler to swap the intire control arm and trailer arm attached to the hub as one peice. any sugestions would be great thanks. im sure Rich will have a a novel on the subject so i can look forward to that read:wink2:

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
rear disks

Hmm that sucks!!
Best to find a SI and as you say unbolt the strut top hats, and then the lower inner arm bolt and then forward track rods and remove the whole lot in one piece you won't get far trying to unbolt any of the stuff on the stub axle as they tend to get rusted to shit!! The SI rear pads are better for choice in pads than the DX, also you'll need a rear disc prop valve possibly as well and the hand brake cables probably.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ya thats what i figured. i dont know why the dx had rear disk in the us and nto here. seems kinda stupid to me
I know that the 2g Prelude special edition rear discs are a bolt on to the rear knuckle of the 2g 82-85 Accords, so I imagine that the discs would also bolt onto a Prelude DX knuckle.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
WHOA! i havent taken off my rear tires yet or even looked back there! ( IM A DUMBASS! ) anyways american DX came with rear discs? And also my prelude doesnt say nothing on it i thought a DX says DX?
The USDM DX's came with rear disc brakes as standard equipment. For some reason, Honda didn't do that with the Canadian DX's. Strange for sure. And, yeah, if yours doesn't say Si and you're in the States, it's a DX. My DX doesn't have any badging to that effect either, but that's how it is. Honda's infinite wisdom...... :rocketwhore:

·
Registered
652 Posts
my mom bought mine in early 85. before there was an Si. she said she would have gotten the Si if they had it then.

anyway, i don't know about this canadian thing, but as of '84 all preludes were rear disk here.
and as carb vs Si i'm 99.9% sure there is no diff in the rears.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts