Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i think somehow i managed to have some luck on my side for the last 2 days... i picked up my car from the body shop yesturday. i got my front bumer, front lip, side skirts, rear lip painted, quater pannel got a dent pulled and painted, and they didnt even rape my car cause i checked the millage, my new sound system sounds awesome. but took me 2 days to install cause of the front speakers. i bought CDT 6.5 components for the front, had to cut out so much plastic to fit them in and re ran all new wires, CDT 6x9's for the back and a new pioneer 600Watt 4 channel amp. i got my new tail lights finally so those dont look like shit no more, got them for a steal too... brand new from ebay for 60 bux shipped!!! and something ive been workin on for the last month i finished last week, my CARPUTER... some of u are probably wondering what the hell that is, but i will post up pics of everything later on and explain. only downside is that i managed to catch something and am now sitting at home with a fever:oops:

all i need now is 4 new tires, a new clutch, and a GOOD tune!!!

ok just wanted to share that, pics will be up in a couple days.

wishing all the luders a great day!!!

***UPDATE*** 5/1/06 ***PICS***

I had the time to wash the car today and ive wanted to take pics of everything for a while now so i did. reason im not posting this in the showroom is cause i wana explain the carputer a bit. but at the same time post up some pics with the new tails, the lip kit, the new paint.

- This is the main user interface. its a full pc with windows xp but i use a front end called roadrunner for everyday driving. it has everything you need for music, gps, xm, internet, vids, dvds. the screen is touchscreen so no mouse or touchpad is needed. honestly the screen looks a lot better in person then in the pics but i will admit anyway it looks like shit, i bought i new radio bezel couple days ago just incase, a friend of myne is gonna mold my screen into the bezel, so it should looks much nicer in a week or so. oh and the screen also has 2 video inputs, im thinking about getting a reverse camera for kicks if i find a good deal and also a securtiy camera for the night.

- I just took this to show im not bullshiting about having windows lol, if anyone was doubting me. i catch a signal for the internet on a mini router. works good just about anywhere.

- I mostly ride around with that screen on for the music selection. so nice to just touch the screen and not turn knobs like a head unit.

- Thats how the pc looks in the my trunk right now. its held on with velcro. Its pretty fugly looking i know, im thinking of ditching the spare and hiding everything under there, or bolting it up on top near the speakers. havent decided yet. the little black/yellow box is obviously the xm radio, the lil blue thing is the router. the big black box is the pc. i also have a sd card and reader to transfer files is need be, ( i dont have a dvd drive yet and the gps antena)

-------------------------------------
and some picks of the car with the wwrs lip kit, and new tails (just washed)

·
Registered
708 Posts
wow you have money

i have to wait 2 weeks to get my greddy exhaust

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
what kinda cdt's did you get in the front? I couldnt make my ef-61 cfi's fit (I think that's the right name...) I could only get the braxials to fit if I was sporting cdt, or maybe if they were 5.25"

glad to hear you're havin good luck, I just got ALL my components to work from my COX DVR remote. Even the amplifier that the cox rep told me that was impossible. :) I'm stoked.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got cl-61's, it was a bitch and a half to fit them in there, i pretty much had to cut out all the plastic that was there... my cdts are actually held on with wire ties (i know i know) but they sound mean as hell

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
wire ties? shame on you. haha. your stock grills still fit? That was my biggest concern with them.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea the stock grills fit just fine, there just wasnt anywhere left to screw in the speakers, thats y i had to use wire ties

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
updated!!

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
it looks much better now that you've changed the tails and everything else.

love the system/setup.

only thing i would do (other than filling the trunk holes), is repaint the wheels with a gloss black and clear them like crazy.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2qu1k4u said:
it looks much better now that you've changed the tails and everything else.

love the system/setup.

only thing i would do (other than filling the trunk holes), is repaint the wheels with a gloss black and clear them like crazy.
ohh yeah i forgot about the trunk, its gonna get filled and painted in about two weeks or so. i kinda ran out of money for now. the holes are gonna be filled and the blacl things are coming off. its gonna look nice.

about the wheels, im still in the decision of getting myne powercoated or getting new ones. probably 16 inch ones this time... dunno still debating

·
Registered
22 Posts
What did it take to make your carputer? obviously a pc and interface but what kind, and from where. also you must have a power inverter than too to run the pc at 120v?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
That carputer is off the damn chain dude, very very very nice work.

I'd definitely bolt all that stuff under the seats, but hey that's just me! That stuff is so much fun, I feel naked without it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would like to know more about this car computer.. Please tell me where I can find all what you used.. Again very interested in doing this.. please let me know.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
along with the wheels you should get the cf hood re-cleared or at least buffed. looks like you rubbed charcoal all over it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts