Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I started doing a wire tuck but I decided to go just re do my harness from scratch but I can not find the pins that go inside the connectors. I tried searching for a few days and I still couldn't find anything that is exactly like them. :wzbigcry:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You're gonna replace all the pins? If they're in good shape jus use your existing pigtails? If not is find a junkyard. I work at u pull and pay and there's a guy that does bays he always comes in and buys the vw circular connections and uses them to make the firewall plugs

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're gonna replace all the pins? If they're in good shape jus use your existing pigtails? If not is find a junkyard. I work at u pull and pay and there's a guy that does bays he always comes in and buys the vw circular connections and uses them to make the firewall plugs

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
I want to use better wire as well but thank you for your response :)

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
the pins are available, but you have to buy mass quantities of them.

i'll see if i can track down the supplier.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://www.onlinecomponents.com/te-connectivity-amp-brand-316836-1.html?p=10358112 These seem really similar after more research I came across tyco and I believe multilock connectors according to this site $20 minimum order which is like 135 pins ..which to me sounds really good but I'm not 100% sure if these are the ones. If so I think 50 bucks would bring me enough connectors for everything and left overs for future repairs. :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ry wire doesn't provide a harness for our chassis, but they can make you one. Just not at the price you have in mind. I believe they were trying to get another company to make them, but I dont know if the deal went thru or if it was just tossed around and abonded. But good luck, and like a previous poster said, junkyard. Thats were I got mine, but I did inspect it to make sure it was a harness worth buying first. But good luck making one, and if you decide to tackle the challenge. Make sure to do a detailed write up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ry wire doesn't provide a harness for our chassis, but they can make you one. Just not at the price you have in mind. I believe they were trying to get another company to make them, but I dont know if the deal went thru or if it was just tossed around and abonded. But good luck, and like a previous poster said, junkyard. Thats were I got mine, but I did inspect it to make sure it was a harness worth buying first. But good luck making one, and if you decide to tackle the challenge. Make sure to do a detailed write up.

Thanks man if I manage to find the pins I will do a very detailed write up!

·
Premium Member
16,911 Posts
Yes the deal went through and its WireWorx.

The group buy is almost closed so if you got $470 + $15 then you can get a brand new engine harness for OBD1 conversion with all new wiring. Alll new and plug and play.

Link: 1FunRydPerformance - WireWorx Group Buy - 5 member

·
Premium Member
16,911 Posts
1funryd how much is the obd0 to obd1 harness you make will probably buy one next wweekend
If you will buy one next weekend like you stated, then I can include you on this group buy to fill the last member who has flaked on me.

Just clik on the link and read the first page of the group buy to know what the details are and what to do.

1FunRydPerformance - WireWorx Group Buy - 5 member

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you will buy one next weekend like you stated, then I can include you on this group buy to fill the last member who has flaked on me.

Just clik on the link and read the first page of the group buy to know what the details are and what to do.

1FunRydPerformance - WireWorx Group Buy - 5 member
My bad I meant the obd0 to obd1 jumper harness but it is made by derrick. I miss understood the post I read it so I'll message him next week. Sorry bro

·
Registered
134 Posts
I thinking on redoing mine and make some of the wires lower and hidden. I like the clean look. Good luck with it man and hope it goes well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts