Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that I have my new tokico springs and dampers, which leaves my car not nearly as low, but a thousand times smoother and more stable than it was with the matrix coilovers on stock shocks, I've been going over things like cracks, small speed bumps, dips, transitions, and dimes lying in the road with reckless abandon.

We have a dirt parking lot at work, and I couldn't resist the temptation to go tear-assing through it a couple of times because I can now:devil:. 2nd gear all over the place, kicking the ass out in imaginary hairpins and listening to rocks pinging against the sides of cargo trailers parked out there as I play Colin McRae:turn:.

Now, I've seen pictures of the rally-prepped 4g, and I think it looks neat. Is the double-wishbone setup rugged enough for some light rallying? Not full-on WRC Open Class with jumps and stuff, but more like SCCA amateur production/lightly modified stuff on relatively even trails. I was thinking I could get a set of shitty 14" or 15" wheels from the junkyard, put dirt tires (or at least the smallest truck tires I can find) on them, and go play in the dirt. Maybe put the coilovers back on (but now with the Blues) and crank them all the way up.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
get snow tires. sevel brands are cleaty enough to work in dirt. you will want 15" wheels. these are the most popular size for off-road tires.

also look into baja tires (like for rales and baja bugs) they make small enough sizes to fit under a lude.

personaly i dont think the suspension is strong enough to take an off-road beating.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
There is something called Rallycross, which is just an autocross in a dirt field.

The suspension is plenty strong enough to take it. I've met a few people who have done it. Expect to be cleaning dirt out from under you car for while after you do it.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm maybe I should get a beater to do this with. Something with McPherson struts. I was looking around, and it doesn't look like there's anyplace within a reasonable drive of my house that holds sanctioned events. Guess I'll just have to build something to go out to Ocatillo Wells with and play with the Rangers and Tacomas.

·
www.Zohf.com
3,612 Posts
A lude would work, just not your nice one, get a rusty high milage beater and some ebay coils, raise it up (ghetto, but who cares) and some beefy new struts, some thick-treaded heavy sidewall tires and romp the shit out of it :emthup:

·
::Decepticon make-over::
661 Posts
(cringes at he thought of bent axles... then thinks about prelude4ws13 small venture on new axles) you'll be fine, no jumping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.