Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is last minute but it's supposed to be sunny and 70 Sunday. Showers in the PM but the morning could be a winner.

If the weather does hold, breakfast and a drive could be cool.

Throwing it out there to see if anyone is interested.

Let's see . . . destination . . . Lickskillet? Liberia? Maybe Snow Hill?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Where on earth do you find these towns? I've lived here my whole life and never heard of lickskillet lol.

I'd be down for it - maybe a stop at lake royale or something. If you look at chuckwagon dr. there is a parking lot that faces the water and might make a good picture...What time are you thinking of leaving?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where on earth do you find these towns? I've lived here my whole life and never heard of lickskillet lol.

I'd be down for it - maybe a stop at lake royale or something. If you look at chuckwagon dr. there is a parking lot that faces the water and might make a good picture...What time are you thinking of leaving?
Haha - Hobgood, Lickskillet, Liberia . . . awesome, aren't they? :scool:

It all depends on the weather. Ideally, I'd like to hit it by 10AM, but it all depends on the weather. 10AM works great . . . gives you a couple of hours before the Sunday drivers are out and about - literally. :p

The pic stop sounds good.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:warning: Today looks like a bust for a cruise. Its warm but it looks like it rained last night. Every thing is wet and soggy. :frown: It'll make for a sloppy drive.

More rain is expected later. :crazy:

We could still do something. A shorter loop. Breakfast. Quick pics . . . but I'll do it in the Accord. :bored:

Places that are about 30 - 40 miles from Raleigh make for a good trip - not too long, not too short . . . tho on really nice days I'll keep going. On backroads and with pulling over for pics, its usually a 2 - 3 hour round trip. Could be faster with less stopping. The Hobgood drive was about three hours but I pulled over and took pics practically every 10 ten feet. :upside:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Hey guys. I can't go anyway. The other day my clutch fell to the floor. Master cylinder leaking by the piston inside the car. Ordered the parts today. Post up some pics if you guys go out.

·
Registered
881 Posts
^Sorry about your clutch wayne, Let me know if you need any help/special tools. Ive got a hand pump brake bleeder if you need it as its a pita to bleed with the pedal. Dont forget to bench bleed the new master.

I was planning on going on the drive but I bumped into a bunch of friends I havent seen in a decade and didnt get home until 430 this morning, lol.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Billy, his girlfriend and I headed out for a bit. Because of the impending rain, we didn't go too far. To the Franklin airport (did u know Billy flies?) and around Lake Royale - which turned out to be a closed community. :? We couldn't get right up on the lake but did a wide circle around it. Some nice roads there and back. Didn't stop to take pics. Grabbed some lunch afterwards and chilled for a bit.

Great day for a drive and the rain held off.

Sorry to hear about the clutch. Repaired easily enough but always a pain when you're not expecting it. Blargh . . .

Hope you guys can catch us the next time.

Lickskillet still awaits!!!

Or wings and beer some night. Wild Wings in Knightdale is decent and Tuesdays are 40 cent wings. Sushi would work, too . . . :smilejap:

·
Registered
369 Posts
pics -

Who dat behind me?

Happened to pass by a building that was burning the freak up!

Chilling at KLHZ (Franklin County Airport)

Had a great time - with the exception of the lake headache! I'm looking forward to some more get-togethers and I'll be refurbishing my vehicle soon also.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Vin...there are some good roads to cruise in northern Durham county as well. It's probably more hilly and scenic. I'll see if I can get my hands on some county maps here at work. These are the maps we use to locate all state bridges have the SR route numbers which would make planning out back roads easier. I'll keep you posted.

^Sorry about your clutch wayne, Let me know if you need any help/special tools. Ive got a hand pump brake bleeder if you need it as its a pita to bleed with the pedal. Dont forget to bench bleed the new master.

I was planning on going on the drive but I bumped into a bunch of friends I havent seen in a decade and didnt get home until 430 this morning, lol.
Thanks Dustin. Yeah, if you could help me out bleeding the system down I'd greatly appreciate it. What are you doing Saturday?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vin...there are some good roads to cruise in northern Durham county as well. It's probably more hilly and scenic. I'll see if I can get my hands on some county maps here at work. These are the maps we use to locate all state bridges have the SR route numbers which would make planning out back roads easier. I'll keep you posted.
That would be cool. Always up for new roads.

Saturday night I was talking to someone at a party. He's a project manager for a company that does right of way work for NCDOT. One thing led to another and we were talking about explosives. I thought we should go quail hunting with 1/4 sticks of dynamite but apartly the lil fouls would vaporize. meh . . .

Ya, so this post really has no value.

If you need a hand with the clutch / cyl, I'd be glad to pitch in. Clutch work is something I've never done. I'd be glad to observe, document, and supervise.

:baa:

gdammit . . . i need to lay off cafffeine this late in the day . . .

wtf? where are my pants?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts