Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 2 years ago I had to get my car fixed and I foolishly sent it into a shop. After I got it back, I drove it around for 2 weeks without using the radio so I could listen to the engine to make sure it was doing ok. When I finally tried to turn on my radio it does nothing.. I disconnected my battery, but whenever I tried to get the radio on, it would never illuminate the face and never ask for the code.. The only thing that comes on is the red security light.

So after driving around without being able to listen to my radio I finally bought another OEM radio from another Preluder. I took my radio out and decided to go with my gut and just plug the new radio in. Same problem! The security light comes on but it doesn't illuminate and doesn't ask for the code. The only thing I can tell that there's juice running to it is I can hear the CD motor spin for a split second when I connect the wire harness..

Does anyone have an idea what the heck is going on? Now I have 2 OEMs that are paperweights... :(

·
Asian Assassin
2,911 Posts
Mmm. That sounds like fuse maybe?

Check the 7.5 fuse in the engine bay to make sure it isn't blown.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replaced the fuse.. Still nothing. Checked with both stereos.

Accidentally dropped a fuse in the engine bay :oops:(Doh!) good thing I had another to replace it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so a friend of my family told me to check every last fuse.

I go through the fuses and when I got to the accessory fuse, the slot was empty.. Turns out the 7.5 fuse was in the neighbor slot which was supposed to be a 15 fuse for the fuel pump... :? who the heck does these things! I switched it back and replaced the 15. And now my stereo works! Woot!

So let it be known, if your ACC fuse is blown or missing that may be the cause of your radio not working.

·
Asian Assassin
2,911 Posts
Glad to hear. Always start with simple things first. I had a feeling it was the fuse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts