Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2001 honda prelude and one day my overhead light, radio & cig lighter outlet all went out . Thought it was a fuse so went to autozone and switched out the ones under the hood and the acc at the kicker still nothing works. What's the problem ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I know of ? But update now iit's making a nasty scraping sound under the hood by the pulleys?

·
Super Moderator
6,408 Posts
One issue at a time, scrapping sound could be the crank pulley. You can remove the alternator and power sterring belts then spin the accessory pulleys by hand and visually inspect the crank pulley.

Have you tested any of the outages for power and ground? You will be missing one of the two so its a good start to troubleshooting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One issue at a time, scrapping sound could be the crank pulley. You can remove the alternator and power sterring belts then spin the accessory pulleys by hand and visually inspect the crank pulley.

Have you tested any of the outages for power and ground? You will be missing one of the two so its a good start to troubleshooting.
So yeah its definitely the pulley it was smoking the other day as I drove it home and lifted the hood and seen it was coming from there smh as for the eletcrial I havent troubleshoot it yet where do I begin with that ??

·
Super Moderator
6,408 Posts
So yeah its definitely the pulley it was smoking the other day as I drove it home and lifted the hood and seen it was coming from there smh as for the eletcrial I havent troubleshoot it yet where do I begin with that ??
Is your crank pulley lose or is the rubber broken and in need of a complete pulley? Both are common with these cars, so you will either need to replace the pulley or simply replace it with a new one if it's damaged. Replacing requires a crank pulley tool and likely an impact - may want to leave it to a shop if you don't have the tools to do so yourself.

With the electrical, remove the dome light and test the connector on the back side. One wire is for power and the other is ground. Figure out which one is not there and it will tell you if it's possibly an issue from the fusebox, a break in the line somewhere, or a bad ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts