Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radiator support bushings, the little rubber pieces for the top and bottom of the radiator are cracked and dry-rotted and fell apart when I did some work to remove the radiator fan which had caught fire ( yikes ) I've glued them together so I could put the radiator back in, but I'm gonna need new ones.

Are there any sources for these I could use?

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
They are apparently discontinued. The 3rd gen accord uses the same rubber mounts upper and lower.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a link? I google'd and checked out a few parts sites but didn't see anything.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Other than Cudaboy being a deep well of Prelude knowledge...
I use hondapartsnow.com to find the part number, then google it to look for other applications or possible sources.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cheddas auto makes them now. Check them out!

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna look for the bottom bushings as well - they're the ones I had to glue.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking around I found the part number for the lower bushings from Honda but no aftermarket ones, and no way jose am I paying OEM prices for bushings like these. I may just measure the diameter of the hole, find a urethane bushing or disk for another car and drill a hole.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Well if they have polyurethane inserts I would take a look at the universal bumpstops and stuff from energy suspension. You might find something that would work. If you give me the measurements I might be able to sand down some radius rod bushings to fit. This is one of those Items I overlooked getting. Inner diameter and outer diameter and thickness will tell me if I can make the radius rod bushings work.

EDIT: There are some bayonet style shock tower universal bushings that might work too from energy suspension.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll get the measurements off one of the bushings to see. Do you prefer measurements in metric or imperial?

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
imperial as the ones I will be looking at will be measured in that. I have never held one of these in my hands.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, here's some measurements

Diameter of the support hole on the car for the bushing: 1.5"
Diameter of the hole for the radiator peg: .25"
Diameter of the top of the bushing, widest point: 2"
Outer diameter of hole for radiator peg:.75"

Let me know if you have anything that would work.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
How thick is it? A pic would help.

These two confuse me? Also is this all measurements for the bottom bushing?

Diameter of the top of the bushing, widest point: 2"
Outer diameter of hole for radiator peg:.75"

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The thickness of the bushing is 2".

I don't have a photo but the bushing is mushroom shaped. These are all measurements for the bottom radiator bushing. The top diameter refers to the larger outer flange that the bushing uses to keep in place on the radiator support.

The outer diameter for the radiator peg can be smaller. I was just trying to give all the relevant measurements of it.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I now make these

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I now make these

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What if I just mail you one of the bushings and you can figure out from there what would work?

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
sure I'll pm my address.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have an aluminium radiator by Spectra - and it rattles if I don't put in the bottom bushings. I'm still awaiting your PM.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts