Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out the best combination of parts to make a quiet exhaust. I know the Apexi WS2 is highly recommended here but I don't think it would be capable of making enough power to satisfy me. I will most likely go with a 3 inch exhaust to support a turbo system when I'm ready. I have also seen a lot of people recommend the vibrant street power muffler and ultra quiet resonator.

My question is, what else can I fit to make my exhaust as quiet as possible. I also plan on buying a Vibrant header.

·
Administrator
6,802 Posts
Stick with a 2.5" exhaust if you want controllable sound.

You will want a muffler with a reasonably sized baffle, with outlets total diameter smaller/same size as the inlet.

At the very least, one resonator to deepen the sound - the larger/longer the tube style the closer to the muffler (basically just before the first 90* bend going towards the back of the car) -the better. If you use two - a smaller one just after the converter is likely the best fit.

I've been told that 2.5 is good for a specific amount of power before 3" is "really" needed. Despite the proven gains on an n/a H series. But if you're truly concerned with sound, I would keep the above in mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts