Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the process of rebuilding my motor, im going with a bigger cam and i was wondering if anyone could help me out with information about different options of liffters and valvesprings etc, that i could go with. i was also told that i could go with integra (LS) rods for my bottom end, is that correct?

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
engine rebuild

Depends how much power your going to be putting down, if your going turbo, or revving really high then the aftermarket B18 rods are bullet proof trouble is you need custom forged pistons to go with them as the wrist pin size is 1mm smaller or you can buy some ready designed from Diamond. But if you just want say between 130-180bhp Honda pistons with stock rods balanced, stress relieved and shot peened with uprated rod bolts from ARP will do you okay and will be fine upto 7000rpm on a regular basis even handle upto 8k but don't expect them to last too long at those revs. maybe 15-20k if ragged continually or if on track expect 5-10 track days before engine explodes!! Might last a whole year if your lucky if used just on track.

·
Registered
559 Posts
search all this stuff has been coverd MANY times...............

·
Registered
462 Posts
I've never had issues pushing the stock rods past 8000k, but then I'm not putting down the huge hp numbers. Was there any difference in rods between the different A series engines?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you think that i can take my factory flywheel off and have it machined so that its lighter? what im asking is.........will it work the same as a after market flywheel?

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
Sky_kiD said:
I've never had issues pushing the stock rods past 8000k, but then I'm not putting down the huge hp numbers. Was there any difference in rods between the different A series engines?
what kinda of set up do you have that your pushing over 8 grand...i find that hard to believe...

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
masterkillalw said:
I used to push over 8. Hit 8500 a few times.
what camshaft did you have?

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
i would like to see a stock 2g he pushed over 8 or even 7500 id have to see it to believe it forsure and even if you could why the hell would you

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'll video tape it tonight

edit: As to why you would? bragging rights and disgusting flames that pop out the back when you shift at 7800rpm

but (my car at least) makes no power past 7000

edit2: sorry tommorow night, camera needs batterys and im not buying them at a gas station, they wanted like 12$ for a pack of AA's

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
haha ya i figured the power band would moreless end and die after 7...along with a few other things if your not careful

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sorry I've been really bad about NOT remembering to buy batteries for my camera,, and just forgetting to bring my camera with me in general (It does video).. so on the way home from coffee tonight when I finally did remember I took a shitty cellphone picture at the top of first gear,, timing was a little off though I took the picture too early so it doesnt show me topping out the tachometer :p but I dont want you to start thinking im not posting a video because I was just BS'ing about it

I'll do my best to remember v^_^

·
Registered
462 Posts
o_O at that speed i would want both hands on the steering wheel thanks :D But yes 1st gear is like highschool sex, all that excitement but its over too fast.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
rpm's

Where you been shady you know i've been ragging the crap out of my motors at 7.5-8K rpms why do you think i have to re-build them every 15-30k miles ;0)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I Ask Because, I Will Be Running A Fogger System With This Motor. But I Want To Go With Different Valve Springs And Retainers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts