Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you might know I have 2 Sony Xplod 12s and a 1200W Sony Xplod Amp. The amp is bad I came to find out, which explains my constant feedback I have been getting. I have a guy that wants to buy them off me like now, :turn: . $200 cash out the door. I know I'm getting a good deal knowing the fact that the amp is bad, however, I want my system until I get a new amp and subs. Should I get rid of them now or wait until I have the dough to purchase a new setup? He does change his mind quite quickly so I may have to go with the wait...:Rock:

Edit: I also know Sony is crap, lol, don't gotta go into that. I definitely want to go with the Infinity VQ subs, but how are their amps? Good quality, will they last? I really want Infinity all round.

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amp is tits up cause I took it to my buddy's audio shop. They tested the wiring, double checked everything...tried different ground, blah blah...even this noise canceling thing. They determined it could be nothing other than the amp. From them and others I've heard the Xplod amps like to go. Still works, just have that annoying constant feedback. Little does the dude buying it know that it's bad, ;). MUAHAHAHA...

Edit: And no, don't worry guys...I WOULD NOT screw any of you over like that. I know this dude and he's just a retard so he deserves it...:p

·
Registered
40 Posts
just remember that infinity is not as deep of a sub it is more vocal and sell that sony crap lol there amps have a bad power supply problem the other day i swapped out four in one day i would say depending on how much you want to spend and what you have in there or plan on putting in there, but JL is a sweet amp set up there entry W0 is prettu good with a 250/1 mono amp

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sony crap is sold guys, :devil: . I got anxcious (sp?) that the guy was gonna back out and gave it to him for $150, MUAHAHA. Subs are a luxury anyway, don't REALLY need them I guess. Will get something new in the next few months or so, not in a big hurry. The Infinity VQ subs are huge. In the right application they will hit HARD. I'm going for quality anyway, not noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts