Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

im pulling the cv shafts right now they should just slide out right nutting holding them other then the hub esembley ?

I just disconected upper and lower ball joints and tie rods so i should be able to keep the hub and nut together and pullthe cv (right?):oops:
thants alot guys

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Try using a large flat head screwdriver or pry bar where the shaft enters the tranny. It will come loose. Why didn't you just pop off the axle nut and do it that way instead of removing the upper ball joint. Are you just trying to remove the whole hub assembly?

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
your doing shit the hard way..

take off the Nut.. and take the whole axle out without going through all the hard work of pulling off the entire knucke...

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
um, im not even gonna give any advise in this thread lol. but i will ask, why are you pulling the cv's out? depending on why you're taking them out, theres a few ways to take them out. some easier, some harder, some necessary, some totally unneccesary

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Take out the WHOLE AXLE..

take off the nut, remove the bolt on the strut that connects it to the LCA, and take the axle out completely... your swap will be a breeze.

and you know.. CV would just mean... Constant Velocity... umm... i dont know where the hell to find that on a car.

but, i know you obviously mean the axles. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks alot guys i go tthe one side the quit for some food ten im going back at it thatnks again

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
glad to here you got it! congrats.. good luck on the rest of the swap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts