Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I got the 2000 SH short block, does anyone know the SH block will fit on the base model? I just check 98, 99 and 2000 the part number of the block are all different too. I have 98 base one, I know the location of the oil filter is different. But what else would not be fit? Do I need to do some modification on the block? I need some help please!!!!!:tounge:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might wanna look at this thread:
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278673

Basically you'll have to some fabrication work IIRC...It looks like the half shaft might have a hole missing or something.

Thanks to send me some information, but the thing is my lude is 98 base, and the short block that I got which is SH. the information that you sent is Convert from SH to the Base model, On the picture, there is one bracket that need to make it in order to fit the intermediate shaft, but mine already bsee, just put to put the Sh block into my car, beside that bracket, anything I do need to modify?:stupid:

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
yes an SH block will fit into a Base model Prelude, but you'll need to make a new bracket for the intermediate shaft so that you can use Base axles.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes an SH block will fit into a Base model Prelude, but you'll need to make a new bracket for the intermediate shaft so that you can use Base axles.
Thanks for give me some info! But beside the bracket, I check from Honda webistes, the block for 98, 99, even 2000 the part number of the block are different, do you know anything I need to modify it?:sigh:

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Thanks for give me some info! But beside the bracket, I check from Honda webistes, the block for 98, 99, even 2000 the part number of the block are different, do you know anything I need to modify it?:sigh:
all h22a4 blocks are exactly the same. The only difference is the bracket for the intermediate shaft. With my first Base Prelude, I blew the motor and ended up dropping an SH motor in there. Everything worked just fine and ran great until I wrecked the car.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
all h22a4 blocks are exactly the same. The only difference is the bracket for the intermediate shaft. With my first Base Prelude, I blew the motor and ended up dropping an SH motor in there. Everything worked just fine and ran great until I wrecked the car.

Oh Thanks Alot!!! Your infomation is very helpful for me, and the block that I got, The seller actually send me the bracket to me also!! I just realize that!! :dontgetit:

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Oh Tahnks Alot!!! Your infomation is very helpful for me, and the block that I got, The seller actually send me the bracket to me also!! I just realize that!! :dontgetit:
well then you're in luck. Everything should work just fine then.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well then you're in luck. Everything should work just fine then.
Hey When you put the sh block in your base lude, on the intermediate shaft, there are three screw hole, did you cut the left upper one, and just screw 2 of them? becuase I saw the write-up for the conversion sh to base, they guy did it like that, but what about you? did you do it like that too? there is the picture below:

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
I believe I only used 2 of the holes, cause the 3rd wouldn't line up, but I did the conversion again for Kevin(1fastlude) a few months back, and if you PM him, he'd be able to tell you for sure if we used 2 bolts or 3 on his car

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I hate to throw this in here but that bracket sucks. I had one just like it and the studs broke. I'll have to get up under my car and take a pic of the new brackets i have. The metal is way thicker.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
I hate to throw this in here but that bracket sucks. I had one just like it and the studs broke. I'll have to get up under my car and take a pic of the new brackets i have. The metal is way thicker.
it's cause you're pushing too much power :silly:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts