Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a 1999 Prelude but the seller is advertising that it's SH. The interior is cloth not leather but fully loaded. How can I tell if it really is a SH model? Can anyone clarify how the base model differs from the SH model

Thanks!!

·
Banned
5,085 Posts
Search this out it was covered like 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
935 Posts
SH:
Leather Shift Knob (with Black stitching)
Rear Spoiler with no center mounted third brake light in the interior
Body colored side sills and rear under panel
Sport Shift is not available on the Type SH (SH's are all MT)
Interior Courtesy Door Lights

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
yes its been covered earlier this month but the differences are the sh has:
door lights,
side skirts are the same color as the car
spoiler has the third break light,
ATTS
ATTS light on the dash,
the rims are straight instead of the diagnal blades,

yeah I'm sure people will add more..

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
USDM preludes never came with LSD trannies. Infact the base runs a faster 1/4 mile time than the SH because of the ATTS unit which is attached to the tranny that weighs a little more.

·
Registered
123 Posts
TopEndLude said:
USDM preludes never came with LSD trannies. Infact the base runs a faster 1/4 mile time than the SH because of the ATTS unit which is attached to the tranny that weighs a little more.
is that in ss mode?... or regular auto?

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
northbay01lude said:
is that in ss mode?... or regular auto?
The SH is a manual transmission. Then there is a base manual and auto transmission. The SH never came in automatic. The difference between the base manual prelude and the SH prelude is that the SH has ATTS attached to the tranny. All SH models where manual. SS=sport shift= automatic.

·
Registered
427 Posts
i wish the USDM SH came with LSD. but unfortunaltly everything has to be downgraded b4 i hits the US soils, which sucks japan gets all the fun toys lols.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
must.... get... lsd....

I've never noticed the interior courtesy lights on an SH before, that's cool.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Does LSD activate in corners as well as straight lines? I know atts activates the outer tire through hard cornering and it works well. I have an SH and I take a specific 90degree left hander with little traction loss at about 90kms/hr. I believe an LSD would only be better if it activates through cornering also.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I hope that porshe was just practicing his lines or something, that lude shouldnt have eaten him like that unless his lude was REALLY nice.

if that wasn't an SH then what did he label the video SH for? Of did someone else label the vid?

plus how would any video show the difference in SH, i thought it was more of a feel...

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
CruZin89LuDe said:
I hope that porshe was just practicing his lines or something, that lude shouldnt have eaten him like that unless his lude was REALLY nice.
Keith's lude has the basic bolt ons, tein HA's, and (if that video was taken anytime recently) a JDM H22 w/LSD. (His h22a4 met oil starvation)

Nothing too wild. On a "real" track driver skill is about all that matters.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
Blue01 said:
Ironically, Keith (the guy your video references to) is driving his Base in that video.
damn! I'm here thinking thats a sick sh and you come in and shime this on me. You couldn't let me get a little joy in watching a SH pass a porche on a track? Is there anything or anybody you don't know?:eek:mg:

·
Registered
61 Posts
just because its a porshe doesnt mean much....

its all about who is driving it and how good they are at driving it.....

i know people that pass porshes all the time at track events in MR2s and RX8s and things like that, shit my 240 will beat the hell out of alot of porshes on the street. porshes are only good if you know how to drive them right.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts