Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 prelude Si 2.2l VTEC, I want to lower it. I dont want to lower it a lot though, i was thinking like 1.3 both front and back with H&R Springs. But i also want a new set of wheels and tires. If i bought 17x7.5 or 17x8, could i still lower my Lude' without any problems like rubbing or anything like that etc.. etc..? Also are H&R springs good springs? or should i chose another brand. And i need new strut and shock kit. What should i chose for them!

Thanks for your time to read and answer this! i really appreciate it for I am really new to this stuff!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 92 prelude Si 2.2l VTEC, I want to lower it. I dont want to lower it a lot though, i was thinking like 1.3 both front and back with H&R Springs. But i also want a new set of wheels and tires. If i bought 17x7.5 or 17x8, could i still lower my Lude' without any problems like rubbing or anything like that etc.. etc..? Also are H&R springs good springs? or should i chose another brand. And i need new strut and shock kit. What should i chose for them!

Thanks for your time to read and answer this! i really appreciate it for I am really new to this stuff!
I figure I can help with this question. I just put brand new 17x7.5 with a +38 offset on my 92 Si TODAY and they are the perfect fit. I spoke with a few guys at the tire shop because I was concerned about rubbing just as you are. They informed me an inch drop would be great and I shouldn't have any issues whatsoever. Here's my baby today. Stock height, of course.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Not trying to sound rude or anything, but what happened to people putting forth the effort to measure things themselves..hell to say "effort" is even too much. Really though, empower yourselves and get out there and actually figure out your car yourself. Think about it, measure the clearance you have now while stock, subtract 1.3" add the overall diameter of the wheel and tire and measure the distances within the wheel well that could contact the wheel (pro top; offset is in mm and is determined by the width of the wheel and relative to its center) It is simple math guys.

Btw unless you find some stupid impossible offset wheel in that size you will fit just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts