Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello thanks for looking at my post.

I have a 1994 Honda Prelude Si H23A1 all stock.

I have a very bad inner and outer tie rod on the passenger side of my car which I am about to replace (I can move the tie rod with my hand while the car is on on the ground easily, and you can wiggle the wheel back and forth when it is off the ground with my hands at the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock on the tire).

The drivers side tie rod is tight no play at all in the wheel or the tie rod but the inner tie rod boot or bellows whatever it is called is ripped and I have no idea how long it has been like that, I do not however have enough money to do both sides. If everything is still tight would it be safe to assume my driver side tie rod isn't going to break while im going 75 down the highway and kill me if I only do the bad passenger side? Because spending the money to replace that side right now might kill me as well lol. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I can relate to the money issue as most of us can. However, It is advisable to replace both sides at once. It is a safety issue. Especially if the boot is ripped. There is no guarantee of it lasting beyond that 75mph ride down the interstate. Not only that, the wheel alignment has to be done when replacing tie rods. If you only do one side you still have to pay for the alignment. And then have to pay for it again when you do the other side. Do them both at once. It's cheaper in the long run and you'll feel much better about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts