Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i go to a tunning shop, whit my flywheel, he cutt out like 10 maby more lbs..:S my engine is stock...am running whit from like 1 mount...just want to know do i risk to domage someting?

hehe quebec are french, am living there :) my english is not very good, help me...

and here all prelude 88-91 are into the junkyard, no one cant help here, and here i found always a pro :smilejap:

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Ten pounds off the flywheel is a LOT, personally i wouldn't take that much off, as eventually it loses it's strength, and you run the risk of it breaking apart at speed. At the engine speeds it's likely to break at (close to redline) the edges will be going 166mph!

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
Sounds like a bad idea to me. You can only do so much with a stock flywheel. Plus, I think a stock flywheel weighs so much for a reason. Maybe just for drivability, maybe not.

--J

·
Registered
435 Posts
i would say, don't remove more than 5lbs. that should still be safe. but light enough to notice a difference.

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Yeah, but having a shop do it would cost ~$40, bit cheaper then LSD's shaved stock flywheels.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
evoludersir said:
and in that case if you're looking for a 15lb flywheel join the LSD flywheel group buy.
if i owned a 90/91 then there would be no question about it.
LSD flywheel all the way.

its not that clear for the 88/89 crowd.
a custom clutch that only one company makes ?
ehh.

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
Ah, just buy a whole bunch of clutch kits. Then you'll be set for life, yo. No problem!

--J

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok you guys say its dangerous for my engine? am never go to the red dont forget...but maybe i will buy real one whit the clutch kit,

for the moment am stay whit this fucking light flywheel, i will tell you when my engine blow

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
The engine won't blow, it doesn't need much in the way of flywheel to live.

It's the flywheel itself that may come apart, if it does you can kiss your car goodbye.

The flywheel chunks will go right through the transmission, through the dist, through the hood, through the firewall, through your passanger, through everything else in line with it pretty much anywhere in the car, and generally cost a lot of money and/or your passangers life.

Shaved flywheels aren't something to fuck about with imo, and 15-16lbs would be the lightest i'd do.

(actually, i wouldn't shave a stock one at all personally, i'd buy an integra 9-12 pounder)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.