Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant log into my other account (chughart2010) but I have been messing with the old lude for quiet sometime now been dealing with some running issues that I have finally gotten tired of messing with and am finally financially able to put some webers on the old girl. but my issue is I am having some trouble finding an intake manifold for the a18/et cylinder head.

I found a company that has a intake manifold for the es engine but I cant for the life of me remember or find any info on if the es/a18/et intake manifolds were the same or not. any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks guys,
chris (chughart2010)

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
1,697 Posts
hi Cris. The intake port spacing for the ES/ET/a18 I believe are all the same. That is they are spaced like this 0 00 0 as opposed to evenly 0 0 0 0. The centre ports are close together. You can ascertain this by googling the image of the intake manifold gasket.

Try this approach and go from there.

Out of interest, who is the company?

Zaahir

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply man! The company that is selling it is carbs unlimited out of Washington state but idk if they make the manifold or not but I think I might take a chance and buy it pretty sure they’ll take it back if it’s not right

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so I bought a set of dcoe 45s and the manifold off of a place called carbsunlimited. and the manifold they have listed is a direct fit if anybody is interested in doing webers. still have to drill and tap the port for the brake booster but I got a tap from a local hardware store and a fitting so that should be sorted out tomorrow.

my main concern is tuning these things. i know rich has something on here about what parts should be ran in the webers for the given set up i have but i cant seem to find the information im looking for. i haven't taken the webers aprt to see what parts are in them (like venturies, jets, emulsion tubes, etc) so any info on that would be greatly appreciated.

also im assuming i have to sync these things, how do i do this without a synchronizer or can i do it without one? i have some stuff saved on my computer on how to rune them but i would like some insight from people who have done this on these cars before. any help would be awesome!!

thanks,
chris

·
Lord Magnum
1,209 Posts
I'm going to REALLY, REALLY recommend one of these.
https://www.amazon.com/Latest-Rage-Deluxe-Carburetor-Airflow/dp/B00CMC57R0

I spent months dicking with my webers, and one of these made my life so much easier.

I run Solex carbs currently, but syncing them takes literally a minute or so with the air flow meter.

Edit: Also, if you want the "easy" route for carb tuning.....get a wideband. It's worth the investment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts