Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now before you get all pissy and tell me to use the search botton, I have and now Iam here still with some q's..Ok for all the info..I threw a code 12 which is the egr..So i took off the egr cleaned it and replaced the gasket.While doing this I also cleaned the egr runners well the whole intake..Keep in mind the egr was somewhat dirty and had build up but the runners and intake were not bad..THen i did the ecu reset(the take out stereo fuse). So now I let the car idle and warm to operating temp and now light..I take the car for a spin, the first few mins nothing but then the light goes on again..I check the code and its still 12..It only throws the code when fully warm and driving within the first 1-2miles..

Ok so i got some info on how to check the Egr itself..I was told to take off the vaccum tube and use a vaccum puller or suck on the tube..If the cars dies or wants to die then the Egr is good..So i do this and it wants to die, so the Egr is good? SOoo, now Iam thinking it may be the Egr Vaccum solenoid..Is there a way to check this before I commit? Other than this is there anything else iam overlooken??Please help I need a smog done tomorrow due to reg..

·
Registered
838 Posts
Would you happen to have the Helm downloaded? The complete diagnosis/treatment procedure for Code 12 starts on page 394 of the pdf.
Sorry to be of no immediate help

EDIT: If you can't figure it out and need me to send you the pages, just let me know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevermind to all that have read this and tried to help :) But I found out what happened..Seems the previous owner replaced all vaccum hoses with color hoses to dress up the engine bay..I know gay but whatever floats your boat right!?!?! Well looks like he didnt hook up the lines right, so the egr wasnt getten any suck action :laugh: So I fixed the line then reset the ecu and no code now..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nevermind to all that have read this and tried to help :) But I found out what happened..Seems the previous owner replaced all vaccum hoses with color hoses to dress up the engine bay..I know gay but whatever floats your boat right!?!?! Well looks like he didnt hook up the lines right, so the egr wasnt getten any suck action :laugh: So I fixed the line then reset the ecu and no code now..

are you talking about the sillacone ones if so you should replace them with good reiforced rubber as the sillacone ones when they get hot turn soft and hight vacume will colapts them

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lmao yes they definitely do, not something you want to happen on a turbo car at all, bad bad things can happen if the wrong line blows off lol
Ya the cheap ass lines..But I replaced them all with the og lines..I got the car smog so now Iam all good...thanks for the heads up on them lines yet I see so many people running them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts