Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just want you guys to help me out with my exhaust choice, all i want you to do is put them in order from quietest to loudest, and if you can rate them on a 1-10 scale on loudness.

apexi n1
thermal rd
greddy evo2
greddy sp2
skunk2
apexi ws2
hks dragger
rsr exmag

thanks,

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
mugen (added :) )
apexi ws2
rsr

these are the lowest sounding exhaust, from what i understand..

Mugen from experience, is the best sounding exhaust.. even though its quiet

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I like the Thermal the most, but I've grown out of the mod-your-exhaust stage. It just makes you a target for the cops.

The stock one, with a nice intake, sounds amazing imo.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
where does a tanabe fit in the list?

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
N1 seems to be loudest.

Sp2 is slighty quieter than the evo2. (I have an sp1 withan extra resonantor. Its very quiet, only thing I don't like is the tip.)

Thermal is best IMO.

Haven't heard the rest but I hear good thing about the exmag.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
My Greddy EVO2 is quiet!! I have a stainless resonated testpipe and it sounds really goood!!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MdLude said:
I dont think my N1 is very loud at all. I had Greddy before this and it was much much louder.
which greddy? i hope its not evo2

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bigballer8526 said:
what makes more whp evo2 or mugen<--- is that even stainless steel?
i think mugen is overrated

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
bigballer8526 said:
what makes more whp evo2 or mugen<--- is that even stainless steel?
you're not even going to feel a difference in power with just a catback exhaust and other bolt-ons.. so it really doesnt matter what catback you get.

best advice... 2.5" custom piping with a universal muffler. :emthup:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Antonious said:
i think mugen is overrated
i think...you don't know what you're talking about

Mugen is by far the best sounding exhaust for this car. Not only that, it looks amazing, and is high quality shit.

However, I don't know why ppl say it's quiet. Mine definitely isn't LOUD, but it sure as hell isn't quiet. However, it's got quite a few miles on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
iv got the apexi n1 cat-back and i love the sound of mine too. its not too loud when ur just cruisin but if u open it up u def can hear roar. i also have the silencer off cause i think it sounds like shit wit it on.

i heard a 5th gen lude go by the other day and i dont know what exhaust it had on it but it sounded like shit, kinda like i high pitched bumble bee

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
see the video in my sig for a sound clip of the N1. It wont sound like mine without an equal length header/high flow cat or test pipe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts