Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put the front pair in, the spring didnt seat into the top bracket very good the first time, took it back out and put it back together and back in it went, i lowered it down with the ride height thing as low as it goes, it didnt show any change for the height, but on the passengers side its 1/2in to 3/4in higher then on the drivers side, i noticed that it was higher with just springs on before i put the struts in to, so is it something wrong with the spring, or is something possibly bent in the carriage, because this car was is a small accident before i got it? and is there anything i can do to level it out a bit? maybe the struts just need to be wore in a bit...

·
Registered
9 Posts
lude_22 said:
i put the front pair in, the spring didnt seat into the top bracket very good the first time, took it back out and put it back together and back in it went, i lowered it down with the ride height thing as low as it goes, it didnt show any change for the height, but on the passengers side its 1/2in to 3/4in higher then on the drivers side, i noticed that it was higher with just springs on before i put the struts in to, so is it something wrong with the spring, or is something possibly bent in the carriage, because this car was is a small accident before i got it? and is there anything i can do to level it out a bit? maybe the struts just need to be wore in a bit...
When I put in my Koni Yellows, I accidentally put one in backwards, this made one side lower than the other. Make sure the Koni logo is facing out. This might not be your problem, just an idea.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm thanks for the help guys, well they have a little tab on the inner side of the stut that has to go into the bottom fork in the right place...so they are on the right way, and i did a quick test drive, only probably 1/2 mile, it handled like a dream, but yeah im hoping everything will settle in and even out a bit, if not...i might need to take a closer look...again

·
Registered
152 Posts
it does sound like the springs though. Same thing happened to me when one of my springs died.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i looked again, took it off and the rubber holder in the upper spring seat moved and was causing the spring to not set in there fully...again, but this time it all went together smooth, and the back pair went on easy, the ride height looks tits now! hah now theres a sqeek that comes from the drivers side...sounds like rubber on metal, ill see if everythings tight later, but it handles so damn good now, i love it

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well 17's actually, its weird they look like 18's i know, but i have falken 451's 205/35/17, i went lowerpro tires because i like the smaller tire look, the overall tire diameter is smaller then stock so the speedometer is off by are 3 mph, but i can handle that, and ill take some pics soon of the new stance

1 - 12 of 12 Posts