Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well back in Oct I went down with a view buddy's for a dyno day at a mustang tuner shop. I wanted to see what kind of numbers I would hit. Here is the video. I made 366whp and 300wtq at the same boost level as my 351whp on the dynapack.

Don't mind my idle, my fast idle screw came out on the way down. This is the third time it has happened. It's very annoying, so this time I tried some lock tight ha. It's even more annoying when no honda dealership stocks an h22 throttle body gasket, and this happens on a long weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMJBMLDjanU

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since this is my thread I will add this as well. My buddy's 97 cobra, 331 stroker, 78mm turbo, only 10psi, making 635rwhp on the same dyno. It's open gated as well, which sounds bad ass in person. This car moves. Suspension is setup, and runs on nitto nt555's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhNF7DfVMvM

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
^I will be going again this year. I went at end of last year on my drag radials. I only got 4 passes in, and my first time in 2 years lol. Started off at 20psi in the tires, then 15psi, then 12psi, then 9psi. Then 3 buddy's of mine broke in the same round lol, so no trailor ride home now ha. So with a 2.3 60 foot I hit a 13.0 at 114mph. First pass at 20psi in the tires was a 13.6 at 116mph spinning. I bet with more time to get the car right, and being more aggressive I should be able to nail a 12.50 or faster. I really need to use a pure slick. The drag radials work outstanding on the street, but at the track it just isn't the same. Every single person I raced in the 12.50 class had me by no less then 1 car out of the hole (something I am not used to heh). The guys running a 1.6-1.8 60 foot had me by almost 2 cars before I was out of 1st gear. I always played catch up.

I was being a big baby, and I didn't want to really nail it out of the hole, especially since the track is over 160 miles away from home. One of my friends didn't end up getting home until 7am. Here is a couple shots. The teg in the first shot is a 260whp all motor b20. Pretty fast. He beat me with a 12.6 at 107mph.

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
i actually really like the looks of your car. I just don't like the rear bumper. love the front, sides work well with the rims, just that rear is :p

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^Ya I hate it too, seriously it bugs me now. I found a stock rear for 50 bucks, but I can't find a decently priced wings west rear lip anywhere.

·
Premium Member
4,140 Posts
Bah... dont get me started. You can see Supras with incredible power/weight ratios that do poorly on the strip. Its hardly the be all end all of drag racing although a considerable portion.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
time for you to up the boost and get beyond us NA guys :)
HAHA I was wondering when you were going to to say something. I am not changing a thing this year, so the next time I go back I will post back the results. It will be a 12 something for sure haha. At least it better be, I have the mph for a good 12. I just need to make it up in the 1/8, and stop driving like a sally at the track. On the street when I am having fun close to home, well that's a different story. I have taken out guys that ran as fast as 12.3 at 111mph. I have a good street car, and a terrible track car.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
how do you think that teg in the pic went 12.6 at only 260whp? i'll tell ya: power to weight
Ya he is, gutted, rear lexan window, 22" slicks, and well over a 100 passes on 1.6 60 foot's. He is a very consistent driver, but I think he said he went through 7 sets of axles, and 3 transmissions lol.

He had me by almost 2 cars before the 330, and ran a 8.0 in the 1/8 to my pathetic 8.8 lol, but at the end I was just passing his back bumper catching up.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
did anyone see the article in super street a few years back where they got ahold of a bone stock spec-v sentra? they were doing 1/4 mile testing to see how weight really affected things. all stock it was running high 16's. so they started taking random parts of the car and measuring the vehicle weight after each thing was removed and doing a pass. car started out weighing something like 3050 pounds, at the high 16's in the 1/4. they got weight down to like 2000 pounds and ended up running a 13.3.
ever time they removed some weight, times gradually got faster and faster.

now you tell me, high 16's all they way down to a 13.3, just by shaving 1/3 of the weight off. thats power to weight lol

·
Premium Member
4,140 Posts
lol... First of all Moto, getting from 16.5-15.5 is not a challenging task by any means. Its definitely not in the same ball park than going from 13.5-12.5. In general it is said that for every 50-100lbs taken off of a car, 1/4 mile times should drop a tenth. The scale will most likely change as you get faster and faster. Now I know you know about fwd cars. I can tell you this... Any built prelude making close to or around the 400whp mark can run mid to low 12's all day. After that... even with more power it still becomes harder and harder. Look at Oaks vs md23vtec a while back. Oaks had something like 200+ more whp than md23vtec yet md23vtec was faster. Power:weight isn't everything... :lol:

One of the current fastest 5th gens on his old setup was making 375whp and ran 12.4 on radials. His best so far that we know of is now 11.1 with over 600whp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFon74eJ0SE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXZ0pYuVffg&feature=related

1 - 20 of 25 Posts