Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a H23 supercharged engine.And about to add a 75 wet shot of Nitrous. My question is a super charger forces hot air in the engine would a nitrous kit help since it would freeze the air.

Heres a pic of the setup i picked up last night.

Basicly i'm wonder what shot would just help cool the engine the best,35,55,75.

·
Prelude Tech Kid
606 Posts
Methanol injection FTW!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nitrous Oxcide does have a cooling effect!
N2O injected into the intake mani will cool the air coming in by 65 degrees.

It is made of two parts N and one part O (N20)
When it is heated up (from the engine) it splits and supplies more oxygen to the engine.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
nitrous increases the combustion temps in your engine from my understanding. It is an oxidizer. The more combustions happening in the motor the hotter it will get.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Nitrous Oxcide does have a cooling effect!
N2O injected into the intake mani will cool the air coming in by 65 degrees.

It is made of one part N and two parts O (N20)
When it is heated up (from the engine) it splits and supplies more oxygen to the engine.
You mean 2 nitrogen atoms, and one oxygen atom. What you said would be N02

n20 is made by

NH4NO3(s) → 2 H2O(g) + N2O(g)

When you heat ammonium nitrate it breaks down into the n20 and water :p

·
Dented
724 Posts
If you're wanting to cool your engine, meth injection is what i've seen used for that. Honestly, your supercharger probably isn't pushing the limits that much that your temperatures are near detonation.. In fact, nitrous would probably increase your chances of detonation.. I would start with the 35, do a run, check the plugs, if everything checks out, go up to the 55 then repeat that process, and if everything's koser with the 55, you can try the 75, but I would be hesitant to go that high when you're already using forced induction..

What are you tuning with?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When i did put in the supercharger i used the injectors from that engine and everything runs good.Stays on the rich side of the gauge. This being a wet shot system i thought it would work fine. To do a few runs.Planing on getting safc.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the setup for free from a friend selling his car. Bottle is full so i can't bitch.All i had to do is remove it from his car.

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
are you going to put that kit on there and use it and NOT tune it?
or are you actually going to wait till you get it tuned like you should if you dont want to royally fuck up that motor.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
are you going to put that kit on there and use it and NOT tune it?
or are you actually going to wait till you get it tuned like you should if you dont want to royally fuck up that motor.
I'm gonna install it and wait to use it until its tuned.

I think royally fucking up a motor is a fun thing to do.. Just have the money ready to replace/rebuild one.
Its my labor and all it would cost is parts.I do have a extra block and exta pistons and other stuff.

·
Dented
724 Posts
-I'm gonna install it and wait to use it until its tuned.

-Its my labor and all it would cost is parts.I do have a extra block and exta pistons and other stuff.
Good plan man. I would start thinking about the tune nowish though.. I would have trouble not using it few times before I finally got it tuned..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts