Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if anyone here has a purge kit. I just wanted to know where you had it come out. I will be doing a purge kit, and I just wondered what everyone else did. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Although I'll be the first to admit it's complete rice, I did opt for the purge kit. I have no need for it; I'll probably rarely even use the nitrous itself. I'm too scared of damaging the engine.

I want it to come out at the wheel wells, or only the passenger side if I have to choose. That way I can scare people with my sleeper.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, they do serve a purpose! I like them personally! Apparently not too many people have one, or just no one responded. Lol...do you have led's to light up the purge? I think it's cool, but I'm not gonna do it. :D

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I left out that they're kinda rice unless you're doing a heavy duty nitrous kit, and you're going to use it seriously at the race track. I'm not doing either, so it's a little overboard for me.

I just got the zex kit with the zex purge kit. I'm sure I'll need a couple of small parts, too. No fancy LEDs for me though.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I dunno yet...I'm going to say 55, but I'll probably end up doing more. Maybe 65 or something.

We'll see. Whatever my builder recommends.

·
Registered
259 Posts
crabcakesyum said:
yea they wouldnt make something that didnt have a purpose, at least i dont think lol
Well they made plenty of big wings and ugly body kits lol

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I've mine coming out the passenger side wheel well, so it blows girls' skirts up.

And it scares the shit out of pedestrians...

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
purge kits serve a purpose...

you don't want all that unused nitrous sitting in the line and heating up.

and if you think it's rice... hide it. make it purge somewhere where you can't see it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
purge kits do have a purpose, for those that spray notice the difference. That extra second or two that it takes for the n2o to run from the bottle through the 8-10 foot line into the motor, can make a huge differnece in a 1/4 mile run or any time attack.

When you purge you have to hit the buttun at least 3 times or sometimes hold it down for the n2o to come out fully.

The people at the meet today in NY got a demonstration. The n2o came out a little and soft for the first purge but by the 3rd and 4th it was strong and plentiful, and thats what you want going into your motor for the full effect.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
^and that's why it's a little rice.

BELIEVE me I love the purge, though. I scared the hell out of my dad yesterday with it. I asked him to take a look and see if he thought me one tire was low on pressure...than he got a purge in da face.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts