Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so whats goin on with him, does he still make them or what? is there some kind of wait?? ive tried emailing him but no answer? any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Last I've heard, he's still in business & still currently making them.

I'll also rub it in that its a great shifter, I have one. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
285 Posts
take a look at the forbidden, i heard theyre better and thats the one im gettin next week.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I had the forbidden motorsports one in my 95, and I have the pspec in my 99. Honestly, they're both pretty good.

The pspec is much smooter, the forbidden is much more positive. You can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
285 Posts
91preyludesi said:
i think the forbidden is for the 4th gen only.
forbidden says there in progress with a 5th gen shifter. you can sign up to be put on a waiting list for when they come out though. luckily i have a 4th gen and CAN get one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
RudeLude95 said:
I had the forbidden motorsports one in my 95, and I have the pspec in my 99. Honestly, they're both pretty good.

The pspec is much smooter, the forbidden is much more positive. You can't go wrong with either.
what do u mean by more positive?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
The forbidden takes a little more pressure to put through each gear, so it's a more deliberate action. The pspec is a little looser, but still very very good. It's not like it's a design flaw, it's just a preference for one over the other.

Overall, they're both really good. I do like the shift knob that the pspec comes with a lot though.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I hope he's still in business because I just ordered one from him the other day. I heard he's just bad about awnsering emails.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Yeah he never answers emails. You can try and reach him via AIM though, he's on there sometimes. pspectuning is his handle.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
I bought one about 2 weeks ago from a local who's selling his car, and I think it's a pretty good shifter. I kinda wish it was a little shorter though

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
If it was a lot shorter, it'd be hard to reach. The 4th gen had a better position, I think.

But overall, the 5th gen just feels better.

·
Registered
445 Posts
i posted this in another thread, but didn't get much of a response, so I'll try here.

I have a PSpec SS, and I've noticed lately that it's kinda difficult to shift into gears 1-3. I have to use some pretty good force to get it in there. Everyone says how smooth it is, but mine doesn't feel smooth at all. Could there be somethng wrong w/ the install?

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
Dem1K said:
i posted this in another thread, but didn't get much of a response, so I'll try here.

I have a PSpec SS, and I've noticed lately that it's kinda difficult to shift into gears 1-3. I have to use some pretty good force to get it in there. Everyone says how smooth it is, but mine doesn't feel smooth at all. Could there be somethng wrong w/ the install?
Are you sure you have it installed correctly? When was the last time you changed out your tranny fluid?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I dunno what's wrong with yours. Mine is very, very smooth.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i really wish i could contribute to this thread with some help...

hint hint, someone wana sell me theirs?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts