Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm new to the forum scene and i'm working with an '82 SN Prelude with a crook proportioning valve. the rear wheels lock up with little braking effort and i'm looking for a replacement part.

Looking at Honda parts i saw it had been discontinued, looked around for used replacements to no avail. I found a thread from a while back here stating that the prop valves from an '80 - '82 Civic hatch would work as a replacement but they are discontinued too. I've been searching for any form of replacement but cannot find anything anywhere at all.

Does anyone here have any ideas on fixing this problem? i don't believe i can get a rebuild kit for the original part, so i'm at a loss.

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You should consider disassembling the valve set, cleaning, and reassembly. The prop valves are a fairly simple machine, and don't fail very often because of it. Also, have you flushed the fluid yet? Checked the front caliper to make certain that they are operating normally?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not flushed the system yet. Currently waiting on new flex lines for the braking system before doing any of that. the front calipers move freely and don't leak. so you reckon I would be able to clean out and reassemble the valve? I would need some new o rings wouldn't I?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts