Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

New here, found the only 3rd Gen in the country in rusty neglected condition, will be a full blown project and i'll be posting updates here.

It's a JDM 2.0Si that's going to stay as OEM as possible with little upgrades here and there only when necessary.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Hello everyone

New here, found the only 3rd Gen in the country in rusty neglected condition, will be a full blown project and i'll be posting updates here.

It's a JDM 2.0Si that's going to stay as OEM as possible with little upgrades here and there only when necessary.
OEM+ is the way to go

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm pretty sure if this car would've been a gone case if it was anywhere else, interior is ruined, has rust spots around window trims and the rear fenders need to be completely redone, but I've sourced a whole halfcut JDM as a donor car so things are looking good ahead.

Here's what the condition the car was found in:

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-26 at 8.24.12 PM.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-06 at 1.51.26 PM.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-26 at 8.26.07 PM.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-26 at 8.24.15 PM.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The Bumper's off and the gunk behind appears

For a car it's age I was surprised how the body wiring loom was so intact and everything was in it's place apart from those straws and debris ofcourse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ooo, blown headgasket.
Looks like it, car was standing in flood water that was covering half the engine so maybe it's due to that, let's see.

Immediately got down to removing the engine from the car to see what the damage was like so I move forward accordingly, engine swap or a rebuild.

Surprisingly the wiring loom and all connectors are in great shape, the engine's covered in gunk (inside out) because the car had been standing deserted and had sat in urban flooding water after the last rainfall here. I wasn't sure if the oil and water's mixed due to the flooding or if it was a blown head gasket, there was only one way to find out.

Keeping in mind this is the only 3rd Gen Prelude in my country, have to make decisions very carefully since there's hardly any parts availability locally and whenever you say B20, nobody's ever heard of a B20A here and everyone knows about the B20B.

Know for a fact that the engine's being opened for the first time. Previous owner probably did very lazy oil changes if he even bothered, there's heavy staining on the casting. will clean up as much as I can to make it look fresh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mayonnaise appearance in the oil pan. That's a head gasket. Standing water wouldn't cause oil and water to emulsify.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts