DC header and downpipe
A/C, cruise control, and power steering delete
Mild wire tuck
Clutch Masters stage 2 clutch and 11 lb fly wheel

Suspension:
Koni Yellows and ground controls
5lug swap

current projects:
rhd conversion (94-96 type interior, clip bought)
rsx seats (bought)
perforated leather inserts (bought)
hasport mounts (bought)
rywire coolant res (bought)
4.5 bumper (bought)
hiro replica eyelids (bought)
accord rear lip (bought)
S2k clutch master cylinder (need spacer and line)
Wire tuck
Abs delete with line tuck

i fixed a few things, window motor,tie rod ends.

then there were the crazy times, my car was going to be painted and i decided to have some fun with it
and painted a shark on the side... like rusty... at the VAPOA January 2011 meet i also bought a set of agx
struts and eibach springs from nick burden

before it was painted i also put new headlights in because the original ones had cracked and the chrome was nasty

then in feb/march Nick painted my car

boobies!

here are some photos of my car with new paint:

i took it to a show it OBX and placed third in import street modified

unbroken switch trims!

Megan header and downpipe installed:

I relocated my battery to the trunk, 0 gauge wire, Taylor box from Summit Racing. It comes aluminum, i'm going
to have it powder coated something different but this is the only photo i have installed:

In May I had my first really big ooops with the car, i got over zealous one night driving around suffolk
VA and on a back road outside a neighborhood i took my car up to about 115-120mph and i didnt know
that when you are going that fast a 120ish degree turn is really really sharp, especially when your car isnt
setup for it, has almost bald tires, and is fwd, so i hit the curb, going about 100 (i hit the brakes) the
airbags deployed and everything. Here is a photo of what the outside looked like, i was very lucky that
the only part of my new paint that was hurt was the front lip.

however, everything under the front of the car was shot to hell, my springs and struts survived
but everything else was bent and twisted. I bought a parts car to swap the spindle, front and rear subframe. I also had to buy a new wheel.

then in August my h22a1 blew a small headgasket leak so i decided to do an h23a vtec swap

the week before the swap the first battery cable i had rubbed raw in the engine bay and caught on fire melting the coil pack, A/C line, and shifter cable pushing and transmission shift lever.

Parts for swap:
Manual tensioner conversion
Aluminum p5m bracket
Clutch Master's stage 2 clutch and 11lb flywheel
OEM New timing belt
new:cam, crank, rear main, seals
balancer shaft seals and retainer kit
valve cover gasket and tube seals
All new intake gaskets and o-rings
exhaust gasket

everything loaded up and ready to head to Jason's house

Picked the new one up at pick n pull :smile:

took the lude out to Richmond Dragway on test n tune night just to get some seat time.

found one of the exhaust leaks, the other one ended up being the flex pipe

Re-Juting time!

new lip being painted! (96-97 accord type r lip)

In December Mackie and I made a trip to Roanoke VA to pick up some wheels for his car, on the way up my clutch
master cylinder gave out, then my transmission dropped reverse gear, close to my parent's house in Staunton VA my
battery exploded. The inside of the box was covered in battery acid. I had the car towed to my parent's house, later
in the evening our friends Mike and Andrew brought a DMM and a new battery to us (a three hour drive from home)
we got the car going then on the way home my car hit a truck bed liner than was in the middle of the road (we were
driving at night) this is what happened

swapping out the transmission for my spare. replaced the clutch master cylinder and radiator at this time too

power washing the new trans:

Mackie found a bumper to replace the broken one, but he also found this beauty for me! Apexi ws2 catback

New DC header and downpipe

Bought my first set of wheels yesterday, Oldschool BBS Mahles, the need some restoration but i can't wait to
see them on my car after i do my 5lug swap! 16x8 +11 offsets, current tire size is 205 55 but we might change that.

fitting them on a friend's 4th gen with a 5lug swap already done:

·
Premium Member
7,418 Posts
lol this thread reminds me of 2005. After a week of owning my first prelude I got in a fire extinguisher fight with some friends and managed to drive my car into a curb doing 60km/hr. Same thing happened, all the front suspension got pushed back a good 3-4 inches and everything needed to be replaced. Only I was such a noob I went to a Honda dealership and paid for everything brand new lol

·
Registered
873 Posts
Glad you're OK, yes things do happen faster at 120mph, welcome to PP, glwb!

·
SN God
314 Posts
Nice build thread Elizabeth, keep the progress going. Had no idea your battery exploded outside of Staunton. I'm right up the road in Harrisonburg so shoot me a text next time your up this way.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice build thread Elizabeth, keep the progress going. Had no idea your battery exploded outside of Staunton. I'm right up the road in Harrisonburg so shoot me a text next time your up this way.
Thanks. Definitely will! My parents moved to Staunton last June so i'm up there quite a bit

·
Registered
492 Posts
That's a Beautiful paint job. Sorry about the curb. I did something similar last May and ended up with a whole new front chassis sub assembly and 2 new tires to replace the cut ones. My airbags didn't deploy though. Those heavy-ass 7-spoke alloys are freakin' invincible! haha

-P

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tried a new tire size today. The wheels came with 205 55s, we had two 185 55s in the shed so here you go!

Warm weather come back! I need to polish these lips.

Also, something i've been thinking about, wiretucks. I have a very mild tuck on the car right now but i'd like to know what you guys have done with your bays, what you daily your car with, pros and cons of no A/C, PS etc. If you have done an A/C reroute i'd like to learn more about how to do that. If you deleted your ABS what did you do with the lines. Stuff like that. thanks guys :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
looks good keep up the good work, get some jdm 1piece headlights or the ebay black housing projector 1piece headlights, would def set the lude off especially with them wheels

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
ok so i just checked your prelude parts post and saw who you were! lol thanks for posting that btw, i never know people's user names.
You are welcome :)

I guess I need to rephrase my comment haha, it kinda sounded condescending. When I first joined pp there was a girl on here with a built H23 VTEC, and I think she had a black 'Lude as well, and I remember something purple. It just reminded me of her build thread haha

Found her, too bad only one picture remains, the purple valve cover haha: http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239601

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's a Beautiful paint job. Sorry about the curb. I did something similar last May and ended up with a whole new front chassis sub assembly and 2 new tires to replace the cut ones. My airbags didn't deploy though. Those heavy-ass 7-spoke alloys are freakin' invincible! haha

-P
Thanks! Yeah a very good time not to have rotas lol

looks good keep up the good work, get some jdm 1piece headlights or the ebay black housing projector 1piece headlights, would def set the lude off especially with them wheels
Mackie has been saying this since the day we met, i just havn't found any i particularly like except real jdm one pieces, i'd like to do a retro fit but i'm not going for a blacked out lude so i'm trying to stay away from depo-type headlights. Definitely changing it up in the near future though.

You are welcome :)

I guess I need to rephrase my comment haha, it kinda sounded condescending. When I first joined pp there was a girl on here with a built H23 VTEC, and I think she had a black 'Lude as well, and I remember something purple. It just reminded me of her build thread haha

Found her, too bad only one picture remains, the purple valve cover haha: http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239601
It's all good, yeah Purple is my friend mike's (TacitCaucasoid) color so i'm playing around with a new color scheme. Mackie thinks i should have the faces powder coated white but i'm kind of over the whole black car white wheels thing. The other choices are a lighter gold, hyper silver, or fully polished. Opinion?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ok so ive been working on one lip of these wheels for dayss now, finally got up the nerve to cover the face and use stripper to remove the rest of the coating so i could really start to polish. Still need more work but here is what ive been able to do so far

I have off work tomorrow also so i'll probably work on them more even tho i should start thinking about that bumper...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mackie has been saying this since the day we met, i just havn't found any i particularly like except real jdm one pieces, i'd like to do a retro fit but i'm not going for a blacked out lude so i'm trying to stay away from depo-type headlights. Definitely changing it up in the near future though.
well getting the black housing headlights wont black your car out, i just am a fan of black housing personally n think it looks best imo. but you could always try to get the chrome jdm 1piece headlights. these are the ebay lights i was talking about these n the jdm black housing headlights are my fav.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-1992-1996-HONDA-PRELUDE-S-SI-VTEC-1PC-STYLE-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-LAMP-PAIR-/150728899704?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3APrelude&vxp=mtr&hash=item2318247c78

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
soooo, found a Personal steering wheel on CL. It needs a little work but i have pleanty of time to work on it while i find a hub, quick release, and horn to use with it :)

also a little but of an update on wheel polishing:

still working on just getting the coating off the other three

1 - 20 of 555 Posts