Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed some foglights..then now my car wont start?! when i turn it on or try to, it shows that the D4 is blinking? what can i do? maybe the spark plugs?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i did...everything was fine...the fogs work....could it be the immobilizer? when i put the key in, i dont see that green light...

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
2,421 Posts
did you disconect the battery? if so that may have sent off the immobilizer, happend to me when i installed my system, just give it awhile, strange the d4 is bliking though, that's usally like the CEL for the tranny.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i disconnected the battery...how long? cause its been about 12 hours.. the key light doesnt light up at all

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
2,421 Posts
Davizzo said:
yea i disconnected the battery...how long? cause its been about 12 hours.. the key light doesnt light up at all
really 12 hours mine usally would start after like 20 min or so, hold on i'm gonna go check the helms see if any thing comes up.

the helms didnt say, i tryed mine, and ya when you turn the key the green key light should go on and hold, so it sure seems like its you imobilizer, the owner manual says what to do but i dont have one, usally i just keep trying and waiting and trying, allways starts for me after about 20 min or so.

·
Banned
5,085 Posts
I just got my car out of storage after 5 months of sitting. I left the battery disconnected for a month or so at a time between each time I would start it. I don't know why disconnecting would cause any problems code wise other than having to punch the one into the radio for it to work if you still have a factory one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts