Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
ok my 91 prelude its the driver side door dosent have that black bar thingy that holds the door open (the bar in the middle of the door)

whenever i open it it chips the front fender and its starting to dent it bad i dont thing its that bar but halp?
mine either, but its not denting or chipping anything.. its just annoying how my door wont stay open.

offtopic...

your nickname made me hungry...

...sorry i cant help...
me too actually.. i didnt even read his name till i read your post.

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
are you sure the pin hasn't broken and the door guid hasn't gone inside the door? if so 30 second fix max.

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
ok my 91 prelude its the driver side door dosent have that black bar thingy that holds the door open (the bar in the middle of the door)

whenever i open it it chips the front fender and its starting to dent it bad i dont thing its that bar but halp?
that bar is the limit. it stops the door from opening too far. it also is supposed to have a spring mechanism inside the door. did the roll pin fall out from the body side of the attachment? if so, you will have to remove your door panel and push the bar back out and reinstall a new pin. i think anyways, 99% sure. otherwise i would say use the manual that is posted in the stickies or on 1funryds page. hope that helps you out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts