1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
81 Posts
Who the hell mods a Probe? And why did the driver put his hazards on when he passed the guy taking the video? Did he miss-shift and break something?

·
Registered
111 Posts
hahaha holy shit that reminds me of the test drive when i bought my first prelude. On the test drive the first light i come up to some d bag in probe revs on me and when the light turns green i handed him his ass!

The hazards is a way of telling the losing car he sucks and better luck next time

·
Registered
81 Posts
hahaha holy shit that reminds me of the test drive when i bought my first prelude. On the test drive the first light i come up to some d bag in probe revs on me and when the light turns green i handed him his ass!

The hazards is a way of telling the losing car he sucks and better luck next time
Oh. That sounds incredibly gay and a childish and ricey thing to do. In all the street races I've been in, I've never seen that nor done that. It's pretty obvious to both parties who won the race, there is no need for that and it only serves to drag the Honda/Acura name through the mud. Makes you look like a dick and a bad sport.

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,272 Posts
Oh. That sounds incredibly gay and a childish and ricey thing to do. In all the street races I've been in, I've never seen that nor done that. It's pretty obvious to both parties who won the race, there is no need for that and it only serves to drag the Honda/Acura name through the mud. Makes you look like a dick and a bad sport.

just about every real street racer knows you have to put the hazards on after winning. ask any real racer, it doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile. winnings winning

·
Registered
81 Posts
just about every real street racer knows you have to put the hazards on after winning. ask any real racer, it doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile. winnings winning
Can't argue with that. Looks like egg on my face.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually i only put the hazards on because thats the way we notified our flagger. Who was behind us to count it down. Neither of us had a horn (i dont know why mine doesnt work) so we had to figure out a way to let him know we were ready. So putting our hazards was the easiest way.

I know it looked ricy but i wass into the moment so i forgot to turn them off.

Nice fast and the furious quote by the way.

And the probe is fully gutted, plexi glass windows. It looks like a straight race car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had a 2gen mx6 (pretty much same as probe) with 5spd v6 and they are not slow. The mx6 is actually a few pounds lighter which is surprising since its bigger then the prelude.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had a 2gen mx6 (pretty much same as probe) with 5spd v6 and they are not slow. The mx6 is actually a few pounds lighter which is surprising since its bigger then the prelude.
The guy said his car weights 2300lbs with him in it

·
Registered
142 Posts
Stock 4thgen prelude 2840 lb
Stock 2ndgen mx6 2775 lb

I'm sure the probe is close to that too. Did he have 1stgen or 2ndgen probe? If its a 2ndgen that's pretty good weight reduction.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stock 4thgen prelude 2840 lb
Stock 2ndgen mx6 2775 lb

I'm sure the probe is close to that too. Did he have 1stgen or 2ndgen probe? If its a 2ndgen that's pretty good weight reduction.
I am not to sure what gen it is man sorry i do not know much about probes.
All i know it is fully gutted fuel cell i think and a roll cage

·
Bearderator
8,519 Posts
probes are not slow. the GT came boosted
First gen only, and it was a 2.2L 145hp 190tq turbo inline 4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Probe

Despite being boosted from the factory and producing gobs of torque, the 1/4 mile times weren't too dramatic. Respectable yes.

1988 Ford Probe GT 7.3 15.6
1990 Ford Probe GT 7.6 16.0
1990 Ford Probe LX 8.2 16.2
1992 Ford Probe GT 7.9 16.0
1993 Ford Probe GT 7.5 15.8
1994 Ford Probe GT 7.5 15.7

IIRC the Probe and the 626 also came with 4WS options, released shortly after the '88 Prelude Si 4WS

1 - 20 of 20 Posts