Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your opinion what would you say is the better exhaust.

Pro Spec, Apexi N1, or Evo2

Tone, look, style, Loudness, overall performance increase

·
Registered
562 Posts
lol they're all loud and obnoxious. I had the evo2 when I had my lude. It came with it. It looks pretty nice with a rear lip on but it got really annoying on road trips and being a dd. The n1 is just loud and sounds like a weed whacker in high rpms. Then again It really depends on you. IMO I'd pick something else.

·
Registered
128 Posts
lol they're all loud and obnoxious. I had the evo2 when I had my lude. It came with it. It looks pretty nice with a rear lip on but it got really annoying on road trips and being a dd. The n1 is just loud and sounds like a weed whacker in high rpms. Then again It really depends on you. IMO I'd pick something else.

Agreed they are all loud and obnoxious but depends on what you prefer as an individual. I have the N1 catbak exhaust and its crazy loud but I do like that about it. I slapped on Hytech Rep Header and doesn't roar as much now i guess because of the air flowing more freely? iono?

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
buddy club pro spec ftw - i was gonna get one for the longest time but i keep having fights with my car's maintenance on "need to drive stuff"

be different pro spec ftw

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
pro spec for sure, i was trying to find one for so long when i was looking for exhausts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
This topic has been done to death.

There is a REALLY sizable database here that has all of these topics done many times over.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
If you can afford it, I'd say none of them and get a mugen twin loop. If you can't spend that much I was looking into getting the Evo 2, nice tone and greddy has pretty decent quality.
I ended up getting a custom 3" vibrant performance exhaust made by T1, I got it for a good deal and the exhaust looked pretty much new. I needed 3" because I'm working on going turbo.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have the Evo 2 on my car (its ok). I have heard the Apexi its similar the the EVO 2 raspy in the high RPMs. I would go with a custom exhaust. I met a guy with a custom magnaflow exhaust (yes on a prelude) sounded sweet nice and low. A custom job will probably be cheaper too.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
apexi ws2 all day. hytech replica header, test pipe, no resonator, 2.5" mandrel bent. Not loud at all but the tone is hmmmm yummy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts