Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why should I buy a Prelude? Im looking to buy a car. Im a first year college student studying mechanical engineering. I need something reliable, but also that I can improve upon. Is a Prelude the way to go? I see a lot of enthusiasm for them, but it also seems very niche. It seems like theres not a lot of after market support for the. I guess im looking to be persuaded into buying a Prelude, and if I should be 5th or 4th gen? Thank you for all responses ahead of time.

·
Administrator
6,798 Posts
I don't recommend one for a college student.

Everyone feels their used parts are made of gold, and unless you have access to a junkyard or parts car - repairs can add up fast. Once you modify a car, and start dumping money, it's a downhill battle. You will quickly get to the point of cutting your losses and selling off or saying fuck it and pushing on like a champ.

Unless you happened to come across a gem of a 5th with around 100k or less with recent proof of a timing/water pump service and good maintenance history for a very reasonable price... that would be worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts