Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! I know for a few of you this will be a big thing, and some of you will leave this thread scratching your head and going

Below, for your searching pleasure, is the code for a search pluging for firefox. You know, the thing at the top right with the google, ebay, amazon, etc. searches. This will let you search the entire PP.com forum in a few keystrokes. Simply download the following file and unzip into your C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins directory. Restart firefox, and enjoy.

http://www.preludepower.com/pp.zip

-J

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
nice job man, it works pretty good :)

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
http://www.mozilla.org. It's a free alternative to IE, with many advantages.

1. No spyware. Spyware only works on IE, and Mozilla is pretty good at making sure their browser is secure enough to avoid holes for spyware.
2. No popups. Mozilla has the best integrated popup blocker everywhere which easily differentiates between popups you want and don't want. Plus it's real easy to allow it to grant access to certain sites that may not work.
3. TABBED BROWSING!!!! Instead of a bunch of windows on the task bar, you have all the different sites up top. To open a link in a new tab, just middle-click it, and it loads in the background, so you don't have to leave the site you're on to follow a link you might be interested in later. To close a tab, just middle-click on the tab. Simple.

Trust me, once you go tabbed, you never go back. I carry Firefox on my USB drive for just those instances when the owner of a machine is cruel enough to not already have Mozilla installed, like school and work machines.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
hondaprelude88 said:
Can now I just relized we have this feature.
Not too crazy about this idea. Sounds like another tool that could be misused for flaming purposes. Wasn't a preludepower member complaining on the OT forum not too long ago about getting his rep meter trashed for something stupid?

-hp5r

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Is there anyway to get the pp.com icon (in address bar) as the icon for the search. Google has the G, ebay has its icon, but the pp search as the magnifying glass

im new to firefox

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
thank you, looks much better now :)

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Thanks for the knowledge on firefox DJ/Juiced. Just downloaded and it seems to be working like a champ. Have had way too many adware/spyware/trojans on this computer, hopefully firefox will elimate the problem that IE has caused.

-hp5r

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I wonder how much IE 7 will address that problem

You know its kinda sad that, with being one of the "pioneers" and with all that money, they make such sucky products.

·
Formerly NavyLude
2,062 Posts
My favorite part about firefox is CTRL-+ makes the text bigger.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts