Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over to preludeonline.com to join because people keep talking about it on here so I thought it would be full of good info. Wow was I so worng. I go into the 5th gen section the first day and see this thread that says help me pick an hid kit. So I was like ok what the hell I'll help out. Well the OP has this in the thing at the bottom of every post(Sorry cant think of the name of it).

97 JDMH22A Prelude Base-Apexi n1 full catback-Apexi vafc- Skunk2, 2 inch lowering springs-Exedy Stage 2 clutch- Light weight flywheel-Stock internals-VIS CF hood-Seibon CF trunk-Blacked out stock tails

-Turbo build in progress(25 psi)2.3l Turbo lude
AGP 50 trim-custom ic pipes, mani, and down pipe-HKS bov and wastegate-9:1 CP turbo pistons*(87.5)-Eagle h beams-255lph fuel pump-750cc rc injectors- supertech head- Aem Ems- 3" exhaust

So later on in the thread no lie he ask this question "what does the blue light on the dash symbolize? it comes on when i turn it twice and stays the same when i pull the highbeams" :slap:

So I replied with this "^You're going to boost your car and you dont know how to use your lights or change your tranny fluid? What is the world coming to. Im going back to PP.com, sorry this site sucks.":headbang:

In another thread the same guy and another guy want to know how to change the Tranny fluid so I tell him. And that guy asked this
"this ie a newb question, but it transmission fluid the same as oil, or does it require oil and fluid"

I'm sorry maybe Im being a little mean but I feel if you have 300+ post, your a "premium member" and your about to boost your H22 you should know these basic things.

Well this really doesnt have a point thats why its in here. Tell me if you think I was a dick. Maybe I was because I'm a little drunk, maybe not lol. But PP.com is the best prelude form I've seen.

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
You must be missing the prelude power newb posts, because we get those too...

If its the same guy, then i wouldnt symbolize that forum based on 1 user.

Member issues, not forum issues.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasnt just this one post it was a lot of threads just like that one. but yea I know what you mean about the member issue.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
PP isn't any different.

edit: really, I'm not being fair to PO's extensive history when I say that.

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
really, I'm not being fair to PO's extensive history when I say that.
Yeah really lol. That place goes WAAAAAAYYYYYYY back, it used to be an amazing site before it went free, a true Prelude enthusiast site. There is tons of archived info that is great, not much of anything has come out of there since it went public. Now everyone and their mom can join.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ well maybe thats why I thought it was going to be great because alot of people here post up how to write up's from PO. They most have just been from the past.

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
Yeah really lol. That place goes WAAAAAAYYYYYYY back, it used to be an amazing site before it went free, a true Prelude enthusiast site. There is tons of archived info that is great, not much of anything has come out of there since it went public. Now everyone and their mom can join.

lol.. it also destroyed the "North Texas Prelude Owners Group" seeing as ntpog broke off after the public viewing and now has died out.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yeah man, you can't judge the quality of a forum just based on one user and a couple days of browsing. I started on PO close to before the beginning of the summer and have learned a lot. It is true though, most of what I learned came from older threads, and lately the site has been lacking.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
There are a lot of people on this site who have a pretty good idea of what's going on with the Prelude...and those who don't listen well and learn!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i went to po.com when chris shut down hp.com (i'd been on there for a long ass time).

i found a tech article about a short throw shifter for the fifth gen that involved half a milk jug, a cut off wheel in an angle grinder and a tap and die set.

so, just to be funny, i posted up a satirical "engine swap without custom mounts in ten easy steps" write up based on my 'interlude' project. (basically, it came down to stuffing an 90-93 integra engine compartment under a 82 prelude front sheet metal).

Marcucci (i think that was his screen name) pissed a giant fit because the thread didn't meet their high quality standards.......

then he started calling pictures of the half-completed swap fake....like i can photoshop rust, or have the desire to fake-up a set of pics that shitty. and i started calling him out on his complete lack of automotive knowledge.

they just seemed to be really shitty to people that didn't love the fifth gens (stupid me with my bevy of first and third gens)......

and away i went.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I signed up on there.. and dont really care for it either.. i have 4 posts on there.. where as on here.. i find information easier..and now have over 100 posts (woo hoo!!) and i like all you guys on here better..

·
Registered
819 Posts
PO is free now?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
meh, iv been on there since it wasnt free, and when it wasn't free it was dead except for the old tech articles it seemed. There weren't a lot of posts or much going on except for the classifieds. Now its overrun with new stuff but its mostly crap. I still check when im done lurking around on pp to see if there are any new fs threads or 5gen threads that seem funny or interesting. The off topic over there isnt as funny or interestign either, just the ogs that dont have ludes anymore talking about whatever mostly.

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
i joined that site i think this past july. its very slow lately when asking a question. but going through the older posts/threads, was prolly the most help on that site. i joined up there b/c it was the first good looking prelude forum...until i found this one. i dont mind neither one of them, but i prefer pp much more now. more active

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have never went over to that site. I rep prelude power, and the baseball tee-shirt i bought from here.

·
The Australian
5,058 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ya well, no hard feelings...

But PreludeOnline, PreludePower & AbsolutePrelude all kinda suck in my book.

SoCalPrelude is by far the FRIENDLIEST Prelude club / forum EVER.

Maybe its just because everyone there knows me / who I am....where here I get called BS on my build like all the time, and its become quite fucking annoying. :\

Yet, Im still here. Its ok.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts