Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I came across this forum not even knowing it existed. Wish I had known if it sooner! Anyway, I've been restoring my '91 3rd gen for a while. It's mostly done, the only big thing I need to change are the wheels because its got ugly hubcaps and normal black steel rims underneath.

Which brings me to the following: I saw this image a while back, promoting the Kaminari bodykit for the Prelude - i.pinimg(dot)com/originals/25/b9/76/25b976ed13cd19d96020d553cea26e2a.jpg (sorry, since I'm a first time poster I cannot post links) and it's got these funky 80's 3 spoke rims which I really like for some weird reason. Does anybody know if these were original to the Prelude or if they are aftermarket, and if so, would anybody here know what brand they might be? I've searched and searched but I just cannot find anything. I know it's a long shot but maybe some of you experts here know anything?

·
Premium Member
9,113 Posts
Never seen any wheels like that. Theys were not a USDM 3rd gen Prelude wheel option. I don't really know about other domestic markets, but I don't remember ever seeing them on any 3rd gens over the years. Another thing to consider is Honda stock wheels had the Honda H emblem on them, usually in the center of the hub cap. I don't see any markings on those. My guess is they are aftermarket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts