Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1002631010.html

i was surfing the net and i came across this. Supposedly this car came with a ivtec in 1986:Oo:. I called the guy to make sure it wasn't a engine swap, and he told me its the real deal. But here my question to the community was there really an ivtec in 1986 let alone a vtec.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yah i kinda figured it was, but wht made the "special edition" so special

·
Registered
754 Posts
interpol dude that little vid that is on your sig is crazy dude, but as far as ivtec yea definately scam, ivtec wasnt even introduced until like 02 here in the states

·
Lord Magnum
1,210 Posts
"Special Edition" was as far as I know, just the Canadian equivalent to the USDM Si model.

Edit: Vtec arrived in '89, I believe, and I can't confirm ivtec, but like mp_86si said, probably around '02.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
From Wikipedia:

"i-VTEC (intelligent-VTEC)[4] introduced continuously variable camshaft phasing on the intake cam of DOHC VTEC engines. The technology first appeared on Honda's K-series four cylinder engine family in 2001 (2002 in the U.S.)."

C|

·
Registered
754 Posts
yep sounds right, by the way did i mention that i also drive an 02 civic si, it only has the economy k20 but it still runs really good, hmmm 2g with a k20 swap, definately not worth it but would be cool to see

1 - 10 of 10 Posts