Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a very long time since I've posted here. I promised I would end up making a mental BA4, and it almost didn't happen.

Except I have great friends who not only spurred me on, refused to allow me to send the chassis to the boneyard, but also have taken partial burden with this mammoth undertaking which we have really, only just set out upon.

This was my first prelude, but my 5th Honda. It served as my daily flagship, taking me wherever I needed on a veritable 4ws magic carpet ride. A long story short, I've always wanted a full tilt BA4 racing car, and this is the result of such desires.

There isn't a single thing which hasn't been touched on this car. Keep in mind, this is by no means a final product, more a 'proof of concept'. I will go into more detail with the modifications later, but until then, please enjoy these images, courtesy of various photographers, of our shake down day at our local circuit. (special mention to my boy Chris at Definitive Designs for dedicating his day to us)

·
Registered
4 Posts
This blew my mind it's so sick. So when are you gonna submit your car to super street for a feature? :cool:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts

It looks like you're already most of the way there: if you'd like I can send you the drawing for my splitter.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Now that's all fine and dandy...
but is that a sunroof I see? :eek:mg: :wzbigcry:

Sort yerself out chap :jehon: :lol:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks BA5, but we've already got a profile in card which were pretty happy with. Just have to decide whether to make it from 3 ply and glass it, or grab an alloy sheet and be done with it.

The sunroof assembly is the very next thing to go under the knife, as is the door and opera glass and possibly the rear screen. We are looking to go full lexan everywhere except the windscreen, with lightweight door frames etc.

As I said, lots and lots to do still. I'll keep this thread updated with pics as well as go into detail with all the pieces we've heavily modified.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is my favourite one though haha. Ah yes on instagram?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah, that's it. Found a vid of the carb ZC ED on track and started following SLT. I wasn't sure if the lude was something you guys were currently racing (at the time) because I saw all these photos of it being worked on and the motor getting boosted but no action shots, so this explains it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
really like what you have going on there. the bumper chop is something I've really been considering. just a tough decision to make on deciding if its going to be a pure track thoroughbred or just a nice in between. but I'm surprised theyre letting you go around there with a fixed back seat and no roll bar. but definitely in to see some progress!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts