Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello my prelude is giving me some trouble. After letting a friend drive my car :banghead: My transmission will not go into reverse gear. It is also grinding 5th (i have to pump the clutch 2x to go into gear). It seem like if i hold the clutch down the car will want to stall and makes a rumbling noise.

people are telling me the problem is either the syncros, clutch or clutch slave cylinder.

Can anybody share some info on this problem?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
hello my prelude is giving me some trouble. After letting a friend drive my car :banghead: My transmission will not go into reverse gear. It is also grinding 5th (i have to pump the clutch 2x to go into gear). It seem like if i hold the clutch down the car will want to stall and makes a rumbling noise.

people are telling me the problem is either the syncros, clutch or clutch slave cylinder.

Can anybody share some info on this problem?
I tried to find the thread linked to here but I found the thread I was looking for over on prelude online. It goes over the issue in detail and what happens.

Basically you need to get this taken care of because it will only cost more money if you ignore it. You may find that it randomly goes away and feel excited that its not nearly as tragic as you thought. Don't let it fool you so.

http://www.preludeonline.com/f89/tips-manual-transmission-problems-explanation-106113/

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to find the thread linked to here but I found the thread I was looking for over on prelude online. It goes over the issue in detail and what happens.

Basically you need to get this taken care of because it will only cost more money if you ignore it. You may find that it randomly goes away and feel excited that its not nearly as tragic as you thought. Don't let it fool you so.

http://www.preludeonline.com/f89/tips-manual-transmission-problems-explanation-106113/
thats a great write up! thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
If your lucky and take care of it asap you might be only looking at a very basic rebuild. If you go this route plan on replacing the clutch and flywheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts