Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

Does anyone have experience with running Ground Control's and Koni Yellow's on an SH? I've read time and time again that it's possible, well I pulled the trigger a few months back on a setup of Koni Yellows and Ground Control adjustable springs designed for a base Prelude. On the Koni website, it says "Excluding SH" which first stopped me dead in my tracks, however I kept reading on here and various forums, that as long as I ran an aftermarket shock and spring intended for base Lude I would be fine... WRONG. I worked to install the front today, I've tried making numerous adjustments, I cut the bump stops in half, so only the one large chunk remains. The setup is GC200.64.77 in the front, which is where my problem lies, that's an 8 inch spring 440 spring rate. The stock height of my car in the front is 25.5 inches from the bottom of the fender to the ground. With the koni's and GC's installed and adjusted for stock ride height, I seriously have zero travel, I mean I am ON the bump stops when the koni's are on the lower perch. Where have I gone wrong? I tried going to the higher perch and it proved a waste of time, I was able to pick up a smidge of travel, but the car was sitting considerably higher, ready to join a jeep club and go off-roading. I'm thinking the shock body needs to be shortened, unfortunately, Koni does not offer shocks specific to the SH. Please offer me any insight that you can on ways that I can alleviate this issue and gain 3/4 - 1 inches of travel at stock ride height, heck I've given up on truly lowering the car.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts