Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've rescued a few cars over the years from heading to the scrap pile and my newest rescue is a 2000 Base model. I bought it as a commuter car. 170K, cleanish body and interior. The previous owner stopped driving it because the clutch master/slave went out. Got the car towed to my shop, replaced the MC and slave and took it for a spin. The clutch had not been used for a long time and it took a while for everything to become unseized and loosen up. Drives OK but not without some issues.

It surges at idle sometimes
Rear suspension makes noise
Horrible thumping sound from rear (probably worn out tires that are out of round)?
Needs new brakes
Can smell oil burning on exhaust (not sure if previous owner spilled it everywhere or what)?

Anyway not really asking any questions, just though I'd share. Not the prettiest Lude out there but here she is.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
Bad ass, glad you saved it. Looks like the body is fairly rust-free, that's a huge bonus compared to most of us.

Are you going to make a thread on it's revival? I'd love to see this thing cleaned up!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad ass, glad you saved it. Looks like the body is fairly rust-free, that's a huge bonus compared to most of us.

Are you going to make a thread on it's revival? I'd love to see this thing cleaned up!
Zero Rust on this thing. No dents. Just a few scratches here and there. I'll probably start a thread. Wont really be a build or anything but I think its worth a thread of its own. I had a Civic a while back and did a decent build on it so it's good to be back driving a Honda.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,272 Posts
Zero Rust on this thing. No dents. Just a few scratches here and there. I'll probably start a thread. Wont really be a build or anything but I think its worth a thread of its own. I had a Civic a while back and did a decent build on it so it's good to be back driving a Honda.
Very cool. :smilejap:

Welcome to the site, looking forward to your rebuild thread. There are tons of threads on here with books worth of information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts