Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched an came up with nothing. I was just wondering how many of our cars were produced worldwide in each year? Mainly want to know for 1988. Numbers for the 4ws models would be nice too if anyone happens to be an encyclopedia on the subject.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess no one on this forum is a honda history buff?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Kalm_Traveler said:
my 88 2.0Si was manufactured January of 88, and was the 62,219th one to leave it's factory.
He read the VIN, smart guy :)

My car is in the shop. I'll read mine when I get it back for sure.

·
穏やかな旅行&#
4,713 Posts
Heh, ludepower you are sorta right (the plate in the driver's doorjam says manufactured January 1988, and I've had my VIN memorized since I bought the car for some reason....I also remember the one from my 90 Civic sedan that I had for 5 months a few years ago) Oh yeah your VIN should also be on the title to your car, at least it is here in Utah.

*EDIT* I left out the fact that mine was made in the Saitama factory in Japan :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
My car was built in Sayama Japan and sold in the states, number 6939 off the line, 2.1s Prelude, year of 91. Honda/Acura V.I.N. Check you get a hold of these guys and ask if they know

·
Herp Derp Lerp
1,568 Posts
A VIN!!!!!!!!!!! Its a VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER. It identifies your specific vehicle. WHen it was made. where it was made. What production number it was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts