Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and had a few questions. I have a 88 lude none 4WS, as far as i can tell it happens the most when im around a half a tank or less of gas. I will be driving and sometimes when i come to a stop, or slow down to take a left turn i will loose power, rpm's will drop to around 400 and then the car will stall. Can't start it up right away, have to wait 2-5 mins and then it starts fine and i can keep going. I recently put in a new fuel pump, and new spark plugs and the problem still persists. I was curious if anyone had any ideas what the problem is?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked out the common problems and things in that sticky and didn't find anything that seemed to shed light on my situation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only thing i could think of is mabe the main relay is bad, does that seem like it could be the problem?

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
sounds like a main relay to me to. If you kick the lower dash with your left foot it should help it start faster. If that works then i would say replace the main relay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and had a few questions. I have a 88 lude none 4WS, as far as i can tell it happens the most when im around a half a tank or less of gas. I will be driving and sometimes when i come to a stop, or slow down to take a left turn i will loose power, rpm's will drop to around 400 and then the car will stall. Can't start it up right away, have to wait 2-5 mins and then it starts fine and i can keep going. I recently put in a new fuel pump, and new spark plugs and the problem still persists. I was curious if anyone had any ideas what the problem is?
Hi Nantlas, This exactly describes my problem with my '89. Did changing the main relay solve your problem? I replaced mine (used, but tested) but I'm still having the same problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts