Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going for adjusting fuel mixture, throttle angel and timing.
need manual for
*throttle angel sensor resistance/voltage
*IMA sensor resistance/CO in exhaust without catalisator
and some other stuff on BA2 B20A1 `86 prelude.
i have accord `86 manual in .pdf, but not sure if details are the same.
so if you have one for BA2 lude, please share. thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have two repair books but they dont have the b20 2gen in them, I can give you figures for the a20 american lude if you want them...?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
InjectionIsBetter said:
I have two repair books but they dont have the b20 2gen in them, I can give you figures for the a20 american lude if you want them...?
i have A series manual, thanks. need B series.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
have a haynes one lying around that is for a 83-89 prelude. all the info is about the 3rd gen b20a but cant be 2 diff. will scan 2mrrow if u need it

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tzar said:
have a haynes one lying around that is for a 83-89 prelude. all the info is about the 3rd gen b20a but cant be 2 diff. will scan 2mrrow if u need it
yea it would be good it u could say or paste scanned pages for:
*IMA sensor resistance and/or voltage -not sure if its in manual
*CO in exhaust without cat. and with propper IMA adjusted
*Throttle angel sensors resistance and/or voltage with closed throttle and fully opened

this all should be in fuel section of manual(was in accord manual). thanks
once again, engine is B20A1

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
krilovs said:
yea it would be good it u could say or paste scanned pages for:
*IMA sensor resistance and/or voltage -not sure if its in manual
*CO in exhaust without cat. and with propper IMA adjusted
*Throttle angel sensors resistance and/or voltage with closed throttle and fully opened

this all should be in fuel section of manual(was in accord manual). thanks
once again, engine is B20A1

tried looking threw the haynes book but quite useless. throttle angle is mentinoed only once in a diagram and is not explained any further. could you give me a bit more info on 1 and 2 like what is the IMA sensor and ill have another look

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
IMA sensor is that one potenciometer in black box with whom we regulate fuel mixture and regulate/measure CO in exhaust.
throttle angel sensor is a potenciometer wich is directly connected to throttle coil, it changes resistance according to throttle coil angle change. its position needs to be propperly adjusted the way it responds properly on throttle change. fuel mixture is based on this one as well. pure english, i know. hope you uderstood me
B20A is closest engine to B20A1, so info on B20A is much more worth for me than A-series.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
opps o well

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Where are you guys getting these manuals? Everytime I look for a wiring diagram I run into a brick wall!
For the Prelude specifically or just for cars in general? Google is a good start. Vehicle specific web forums are also good as well but you usually have to register to search them.

C|

1 - 15 of 15 Posts