Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my power steering is giving me problems so i was thinking about switching over. What are the pros and cons and would it be difficult to swap?

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
have you ever driven a car without power steering? the difference is very easily picked up on. i'd recommend going and driving a vehicle that isn't equipped with power steering to get an idea about it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I pulled my power steering and haven't had a doubt that it was a good idea. You don't actually have to swap anything, just pull the belt, some hoses, plug some lines and pull the pump. True, it does make parking a little more difficult, but that gets better with time as long as you are in 1/2 way decent shape, and handling benifits at speed are awsome, once you're going more than 5-10mph, you won't evn notice it's gone, or if you notice anything it will feel better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
fuck powersteering no powersteering is the way 2 go man all of my cars i took out the PS makes u a better driver but ill let u no parkin is a bitch lol unless yoru car is turbo u dont need PS Ps takes away HP and AC i took both out:devil: DOWN 2 POWERSTEERING!

·
Registered
26 Posts
dependin if its your race car or not its its yoru race car and u dont mind usein a bit of power from the arms than take it out i was rased on no PS so i dont use it only for my turbo car other than that no PS as a matter of fact i might take it out my turbo car it all really depends on the person when i tcomes down to it if u can handle yoru car if u dont mind usein a bit of arm power than take it out and if its 2 much put the shitback in

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
word.

i drove a van without power steering. then went to a civic, then a lude. so i'm happy with it. if its ur daily driver, then i personally wouldn't take it out. i would just get it fixed. but if anything. yes it does come down to the person in the end. when ur actually moving u don't notice it. but when u are going slow its kinda gay. have fun.

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
2qu1k4u said:
have you ever driven a car without power steering? the difference is very easily picked up on. i'd recommend going and driving a vehicle that isn't equipped with power steering to get an idea about it.
Thats the best thing to do. It's about like manual tranny, people usually love it or hate it, not too many in between people. I like it better without powersteering, considering I learned how to drive without it.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
ride around with your belt off and see if you like it or not.......if not then go to your local parts store and get a new ps pump and belt and more ps fluid and install it.....its easy enough.....i replaced mine with no manual.....its easy stuff

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
KEEP IT! My power steering took a shit on me and I hate it. Like one guy said, It's a BITCH to turn when you're movin' slow. My frickin' hood support rod fell thru the engine bay and knocked somethin' loose. But anyway, just keep it man.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok thanx guys, but see i was thinking that if i got a set up that came from the factory without power steering it would steer the same way as having power steering, or at least easier to handle than just taking removing the pump and running the current set up. i hope u guys understand what im getting at

1 - 15 of 15 Posts