Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got the end of the hose that connects to the power steering and found out that there was no fluid in the tank, and my question is what is the easiest way to get to the other end without taking everything apart or do i have to.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
what exactly are you trying to do? find the leak? the hose travels to the back of the firewall and I believe it splits in different directions i believe the pump is on the driver side from what i remember

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
nevermind what i said i've had too much guinness and i don't understand what your doing lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha nice, im trying to get to the part that plugs to the back of the motor. i got it disconnected from the pump

·
Registered
449 Posts
haha nice, im trying to get to the part that plugs to the back of the motor. i got it disconnected from the pump
You mean where it runs to the steering rack?

It is quite difficult to remove though. I recommend removing the black resonator box that is behind the engine (underneath the intake manifold) as it's a huge pita. To take mine out, I also removed the rear engine mount and that made it a bit easier to move. Even with that stuff out it's still a huge bitch to take out. You have to wiggle it in every direction to try and get it out without bending the flex pipes too far.

I recommend 2 people as the pipe requires some turning/twisting etc.

edit: Also remember to unplug the pressure switch (green plug) it comes off at the point where the hardline coming from the rack goes to the first flex hose.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Two people made it so much easier when I changed mine out. Also did you check the seal on your PS pump to see if its leaking? Is there fluid all over your hood where the PS pump sits. The seal in the pump takes about 5-10 mins to change and is cheap.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i could not find any leak in the hose. the oil was mostly dripping right on the where that green plug is. and it just made a mess over the years. i found out that the car had been sitting for about 8 years with only being ran a couple time just to check stuff out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No its right where the radiator hose goes into the motor. not sure which plug that is. but it is not leaking on the actual headers. i know the hose is leaking, just not sure where on the hose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts